Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a 7 hour round trip, and a bit of haggling I managed to pick up this beauty :love: 32k on clock, 1 previous owner, full Vauxhall service history on a 2010 plate

Soo happy, can't believe how smooth yet powerful it is too drive!
Needs a little bit of work on paintwork here and there (stone chips and odd lacquer peel but I'm tempted to just get a whole respray as I want it show standard, love the 19" diamond cut wheels too, just need to get my astra owners network stickers order now :D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Fantastik,:):thumbs:

leave the factory paint, just get a touch up hear n there.

lovely colour and it will hold, earlier reds didn't.

B

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lovely find - bet that trip was so much more fun driving back :D
Lol yeah it's not too bad on fuel either tbh, used just under half a tank on getting home which was about 160ish miles, so pretty impressed so far, from going from my 2.0 N/a St to this is a whole different experience, absolutely love it

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Lol yeah it's not too bad on fuel either tbh, used just under half a tank on getting home which was about 160ish miles, so pretty impressed so far, from going from my 2.0 N/a St to this is a whole different experience, absolutely love it
Yeah I went from a 1.8 astra to mine. Like night and day. Haha.

Enjoy the new whip!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Look forward to seeing/hearing you booting it about margate haha. Looks lovely though, you going to keep it stock or do a few bits?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like an excellent example, be good to see it at some meets
yeah I'm definitely going to try and get more involved this time round(Y)

Look forward to seeing/hearing you booting it about margate haha. Looks lovely though, you going to keep it stock or do a few bits?
Yeah bud it's amazing, I only managed half throttle atm and that scares me a bit, once turbo kicks in speed picks up so quickly I have to let off lol, standard exhaust sounds quite nice aswel tbh,
Well I'm booked in with warren at ** ********** on the 20th for a cambelt,waterpump,aux belt and gearbox oil change, then got to sort the paintwork out a bit as has a quite a few stone chips on the front end, so probably need a re spray, going to go body and wheels in westgate as heard they are good, probably next year at some point I'm going to get 0 silencer piper cat back lol, and direct route induction kit :thumbs:

mk5rob now???? Great find mate, would love a vxr but as you have found out - so hard to find an unmolested one.
I know it's ridiculously hard to find a Decent one, in the whole of the country for the specs I wanted and mileage etc there was only 12 available, mad

·
Registered
960 Posts
very nice, i know what you mean about the smoothness though, ive changed from the 888 to an sri turbo and its so much smoother!

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
yeah I'm definitely going to try and get more involved this time round(Y)

Yeah bud it's amazing, I only managed half throttle atm and that scares me a bit, once turbo kicks in speed picks up so quickly I have to let off lol, standard exhaust sounds quite nice aswel tbh,
Well I'm booked in with warren at ** ********** on the 20th for a cambelt,waterpump,aux belt and gearbox oil change, then got to sort the paintwork out a bit as has a quite a few stone chips on the front end, so probably need a re spray, going to go body and wheels in westgate as heard they are good, probably next year at some point I'm going to get 0 silencer piper cat back lol, and direct route induction kit :thumbs:

I know it's ridiculously hard to find a Decent one, in the whole of the country for the specs I wanted and mileage etc there was only 12 available, mad
Take my advice, get the non red 1 silencer option as a bare minimum, the 0 silencer system sounds **** and is far far far too loud and has no tone to it, it's just sound and loads of it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Bigdov is right you need at least 1 box in the exhaust, I have the 2 box piper system you are welcome to linten to that for reference, it's far from quiet

1 - 20 of 23 Posts