Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have only had my Astra 18 days and today it looks like some kind individual at a supermarket has decided to run their shopping trolley into the drivers rear door - just above the trim.:mad::mad: Have now realised how flexible the metal in this area of the car is!!!.:eek:

Have attempted to cut, polish and wax it out, and although to a degree it has worked, I still know it's there...Oh why did I choose black as my car color???:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'm always worried about that m8, many years ago i laughed at my dad parking miles away from the shop and other cars, now i have my own i understand why he did,

sorry to hear of ur misfortune m8.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Gutted for ya mate. To be honest I hate car parks, I park as far away from the shop as poss, and park over two spaces, to make sure car doors don't get close to mine.
Hope you get it fixed ok?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nearly had the same problem myself today,an old guy who can barely walk ( but apparently still has full control of his car :sus:) parked next to me on a slight hill and couldn't handle his trolley going down to his car.
Took him and his wife to get it under control about half a parking space width from me,how some people are still allowed to drive amazes me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My last Astra got hit in a T*sco car park. I always take the registration numbers of both cars I'm parked next to in any carpark I go in!

I was so gutted when it happened.. I feel for you mate!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also park as far away from the shop as possible, what really annoy's me are the ones that reverse into a space and then struggle to get the trolley in between their car and the one alongside to put the shopping in the boot.

·
Registered
681 Posts
What annoys me is when you park miles away from the entrance in an empty area of the car park, to protect your motor, some moron comes along and parks hard next to you........makes no sense :shrug:

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
What annoys me is when you park miles away from the entrance in an empty area of the car park, to protect your motor, some moron comes along and parks hard next to you........makes no sense :shrug:
that is so annoying, am always saying to the girlfriend about that, i cant understand why

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always try to park in isolated or empty areas of public car parks...that's what I did this time too. When I left, was all by myself, came back 20 minutes later....completely surrounded!:angry: Always the way tho, you do this to help protect you pride and joy and for some reason it acts like bees to a honey pot.

On the up side tho, I have managed to hide the scratch completely now. :)...or until next time....

·
Registered
272 Posts
We had a really nice 1.8 red sporthatch on hire while our Focus (now dead) was being insurance assessed after an accident a few weeks ago. It was parked over our driveway overnight behind our C-Max and luckily our new sporthatch was on the driveway.
Some little 5h1t keyed the passenger door on the red Astra and both doors on our C-max down to the undercoat. :mad:
It took me ages so make good the scratch on the red car as we had to give it back a couple of days later. I am going to tackle the C-Max this weekend.
When it comes to supermarkets I tend to park about as far as I can from the building, but I still get back to the car to find someone has parked a Range Rover against my drivers door.:confused:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I only had mine 2day and some nice person walked in to mine with a bag of shoping. There is nothin worse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts