Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I picked up my Astra H 1.8 SRI 5 door yesterday, having previously had my 1.8 Focus Zetec Climate written off.
I'm 23, passed my test around six months ago, and someone pulled infront of me from traffic facing the opposite way as i'm doing 30mph.

This resulted in a total loss, which resulted in me buying the Astra.

In comparison, I prefer the drive of the Astra, I think, so far.
However, I prefer the build quality internally of the Ford Focus, I feel there is less road noise in the focus, I feel the plastics etc feel, and look better.

I have a few niggles with the car that I want to get sorted, I managed to haggle £250 off the price based on these niggles, and don't believe it'll cost me anywhere near that amount to put them right.

1. Firstly, On the drivers side, the passenger window switch has came off, and I believe needs replacing.
2. Secondly, the 12v won't work - I think it may be the fuse, however the casing surrounding it is scratched to hell anyway, so I want to replace this.
3. I feel my tracking is off, or maybe my breaks, as I feel the car veers to the left when I brake. I've got a good friend who owns a very successful mobile tyre repair company whom I'll get to check the tracking for me though, is there anything else I should look at?
4. Boot Light?! Does the Astra H really have no boot light as standard? If not, Can one be fitted, is there a guide?
5. It's an Eco Engine, 59k Miles, I can get the cambelt and waterpump etc changed for £120.00 - is it due before 60k? (Not one of my less than £250 niggles)

I appreciate I've asked a fair few questions, but I'd really appreciate your guys help - I won't ask every step of the way, just not sure what parts I should be looking for, and where to find them.
I'll get some pictures up once it's all done.

I've a few things in mind for it.
1. I saw a post on here where a student had done quite a few modifications, and I loved his drilled and vented brakes with painted calipers.
2. I'll get the rear windows tinted.
3. I might possibly lower it.
4. I've got a real nice double din alpine bluetooth unit that I had in my focus, I plan to fit this after christmas.
5. I'm toying with buying a piano black interior.
6. I'm toying with a VXR/Leather interior, but this really does depend on how long I plan to keep it - If I can get all the niggles sorted, easily another year.
7. Ah, I'll potentially go with a blue LED conversion too.

·
Premium Member
40,693 Posts
Hello and welcome to AON

A nice car by the sound, get some pics up (Y)

1. I saw a post on here where a student had done quite a few modifications, and I loved his drilled and vented brakes with painted calipers.

Drilled and Grooved discs are pretty cheap as well is the paint (Y)

2. I'll get the rear windows tinted.

Always a nice touch

3. I might possibly lower it.

You know you want to!

4. I've got a real nice double din alpine bluetooth unit that I had in my focus, I plan to fit this after christmas.

Nice (Y)

5. I'm toying with buying a piano black interior.

Again, a nice touch (Y)

6. I'm toying with a VXR/Leather interior, but this really does depend on how long I plan to keep it - If I can get all the niggles sorted, easily another year.

An expensive but popular mod too (Y)

7. Ah, I'll potentially go with a blue LED conversion too.

Again, a popular mod

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
closest to you is stampede near bradford, pecky in wolves, jason in north walsham. Cost depends on who you go to.

Stampede did mine and cost £150, for the time and work involved, i think its worth every penny, completly changes the interior.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't actually find the light though!
In all fairness, I've had it two days, and haven't once been free of a day time to go and have a good look, only of a night - but I can't find the actual light!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
closest to you is stampede near bradford, pecky in wolves, jason in north walsham. Cost depends on who you go to.

Stampede did mine and cost £150, for the time and work involved, i think its worth every penny, completly changes the interior.
Ahh, I'll definitely have a good look - I think they look great alongside the Piano Black console.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you'll have to get along to a north west meet mate, check the north west section (Y)
Just had a look! definitely interested in the mid-feb detailing one?
My girlfriend has a black beetle that is absolutely crying out for a machine polish, so it'd be good to learn for both cars!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts