Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Two things!

1) I've changed username from dgtlx to.. well, you can figure that out :p lol..

2) I received my lowering springs from SPAX, which, as it turns out, were an awesome purchase! The car sits great at the moment, and even if it sinks a tad more, will still look great in my opinion :D See a few pictures below.. fairly easy job if you have the kit available! Took ~2 hours to swap them over!

Before:

After:

A few in between:

And the usual horsing around..

Anyway... definitely a worthwhile mod :) Can't complain about the SPAX springs - absolutely different car to drive as soon as I got back into the driver's seat! Well worth £100 at Trax :thumbs: ;)

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Looking great bud.... So what's next then...

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good :) any pics of the whole car??
Thanks mate :) Will upload a couple pics of how the car sits this afternoon!

Looking great bud.... So what's next then...
Cheers Dave! Think I'm going for an exhaust next... Vortex Exhausts seem to be top of my list at the moment ;) We'll see! Which exhaust do you have?

Top modding buddy (Y)
Thanks HERC - missed you at PVS.. were you at Trax? Missed you there too if you were! lol

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments :) Here are some whole-car shots of before and after from Trax, the workshop and outside my humble abode!

Before:

After:

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
I have the Mongoose bud, I highly recomend it... Sounds ace...... (Y)

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
What's the drop, it looks to be about 50mm?

When I lowered my car it was totally different, much better turn in, you can actually feel what's going on with the front end.

Bet your happy.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the drop, it looks to be about 50mm?

When I lowered my car it was totally different, much better turn in, you can actually feel what's going on with the front end.

Bet your happy.
The springs are supposed to drop 45mm, but it looks to have settled a little more than that over the last couple of days! :)

Bang on with the turn in being sharper.. felt a little odd at first but wouldn't go back to the original springs now, lol.. What springs are on yours sootie?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts