Astra Owners Network banner

HOWTO :-Rear bumper removal Astra J

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  rusty2009 
#1 ·
How To Remove Rear bumper

Start by taking the rear lights off to do this there is a wingnut behind each light unit.

Then pull the light unit towards you then right or left (my need a little force).

Then unplug the wiring.

Repeat for the other side.

Next pull the rubber from inside.

Then under the car there is two clips (can't think of there name) take these out.

Having 19's I found it quicker to take the wheels off

Undo the 3 torx 10 screws that hold the lining to the bumper

You will need to remove the numberplate lights (I didn't as I have a cam and it is very tight on the wiring).

Next you need to pull the bumper from the clips on the wing.

Unclip the 3 clips on the top under the light.

Theres is a support bracket which also needs to be unclipped.

Next there are two clips above in the centre (very hard to get pics of but you can't miss them).

Next unclip the wiring harness

That's it the bumper will now pull away from the car.​

See less See more
#4 ·
I would like to point out that the fittings along the top of the bumper edge where it meets the 1/4 can break easily as does the part the arch liner attaches to so just pay a bit of extra attention when popping the sides off and back on :y:

#5 ·
I would like to point out that the fittings along the top of the bumper edge where it meets the 1/4 can break easily as does the part the arch liner attaches to so just pay a bit of extra attention when popping the sides off and back on :y:
I think we are talking about the part, these are the only clips I found to be flimsy

Everything else seemed to be quite tough and robust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.