Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

our babys due in just under two weeks so am wondering how you turn off the passenger airbag?

and as weve just moved my car book for the car has some how ended up in one of the boxes

cheers adam

·
15,092 Posts
You don't - this will invalidate your insurance.

The deal is if you have a rear facing baby seat it goes in the back. (Y)

When you eventually get a front facing seat you can put it in the front but the seat must be as far back as possible and slightly reclined so that in the event the airbag does fire it will not reach the seat.

·
15,092 Posts
No worries, get asked this at work a lot. Much rather the little ones were safe and in the back (Y)

Hopefully the new Astra will have the system like the Corsa D has where you flick a switch and it deactivates it because it makes a lot of sense.

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Adam)
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah well was sayin to the misses i would prefer the back but was just if i go out on me own the babys facin away.

ad just thought it might be like my clio where you put the key in the passenger side an turn off that airbag cheers for that mate.
much appreciated.

·
15,092 Posts
Most vehicles do not have this half of the functionality - it was an option.

What they do have is Seat Occupancy Detection which works in reverse, if there is no load on the seat then the airbag will not fire but if there is then it will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts