Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Opel Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTi Sri 165 2012
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See photo of rear left hose and hard pipe.
I can not turn the 13 mm nut, the whole connection just springs around, there is a 15 mm "slot" as part of the flexi hose on the other side ot the bracket and it does not seem to be turning and holding it makes no difference. Also there is a "nick" on the hard pipe as seen in the photos, but maybe it is only the paint coming off, i didn't use anything other than a spanner so can see how it could be "damaged"

There is very little space to use a spanner with the coil spring being in the way.

Any ideas please on how to hold the flexi hose side so the nut can be loosened?

Note WD40 is applied that is the wet look not leaking fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
Opel Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTi Sri 165 2012
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
See photo of rear left hose and hard pipe.
I can not turn the 13 mm nut, the whole connection just springs around, there is a 15 mm "slot" as part of the flexi hose on the other side ot the bracket and it does not seem to be turning and holding it makes no difference. Also there is a "nick" on the hard pipe as seen in the photos, but maybe it is only the paint coming off, i didn't use anything other than a spanner so can see how it could be "damaged"

There is very little space to use a spanner with the coil spring being in the way.

Any ideas please on how to hold the flexi hose side so the nut can be loosened?

Note WD40 is applied that is the wet look not leaking fluid.
I managed to replace the flexi hose but had to remove the coil spring to allow use of a spanner to open the hard pipe 13 mm nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts