Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I'm wanting to buy those side repeator surrounds for my astra h.

Just wondering how you put them on?

When they are on is it still easy enough to get the cover off the actual side repeator itself so you can change the bulb?

How do you get the cover off anyway? Tried it the other day and it wouldn't budge!

Also, do the side repeator surrounds get glued onto the car?

I'm getting the side repeator surrounds and the clear side repeators with the silvatec bulbs. :) Hate the orangey ones.

Hope what I'm tryin to say is clear to understand. :lol:

Appreciate the help (Y)

Side indicator surrounds
http://i10.ebayimg.com/04/i/001/2c/78/1eab_35.JPG

Fitted on a car
http://media.photobucket.com/image/corsa side repeator surrounds/craig0031/DSC00351.jpg

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
All you need to do is slide the repeater lense towards the front of the car, you'll feel it click as the clips release. Then twist the lense so you can detach it from the wires / bulb carriage.

Then just peel the backing off the rear of the surrounds and stick them into the wing, be careful to make sure the cut outs line up. The passenger side will need some trimming to get it to sit in the correct position, otherwise it'll over hang the gap between the wing and the door.

Just insert the bulb carriage back into the back of the lense, twist the oposite way to lock it in place, then insert the unit back into the wing and push towards the rear of the car until it clicks again. JD.

To change the bulbs, just remove the lense as above. (Y)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
No, they're just held in using clips.

The repeater surrounds have adhesive backs so they bond to the car's wing, similar as car badges. (Y)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah so if I want to remove the whole thing to change them for the clear ones then that shouldnt be too hard :lol:

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
It's a piece of cake, with the surrounds fitted or not, all you need to do is slide the lense forward till it comes loose then twist the cover off to give access to the bulb itself.

It's easier than I've explained to honest, am rubbish and trying to describe this sort of thing. :lol:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha cheers, I'll give it a wee try and see how i get on lol :lol: knowing me it wont work :O

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a wee look there the now, mines aint really budging. Maybe I'm not strong enough so will have the father have a look at it when the new ones come in lol :lol: I'm quite useless

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
They can be quite stiff to get them off the first time. Might be worth rocking them a bit, in other words try pushing them forward and them backwards to break any seals. :)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha I did that a little yesterday and heard abit of cracking so I stopped, must just have been the glue then.
I'll give them a try then (Y) Cheers

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Iirc my drivers side one needed a bit of force to get it to budge the first time, after that it was easy to remove. (Y)

·
Registered
210 Posts
thanks, any other simple mods you can suggest, actully im looking for the exhaust tail...any ideas where i can source that? and how much they are roughley?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts