Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

**** happens......

first scratch just in 3 weeks since i got the car :(

everyone hate Monday morning and mine was even worse as i took my eyes off the side mirror (half at sleep zzzz) when i reverse bay park in my office's parking lot. luckily the car next to mine didnt notice its scratch on his. hope is not my boss's car.

anyway i got a quote from a bodyshop which will cost 130 pounds!!

so i went to halfords and they told me I can use T Cut rapid scratch repair first , put on a colour matching paint (halfords can mix one for me) then polish off with T Cut rapid scratch repair (e.g. T cut polish> paint > t cut polish).

do you guys have any better idea to do this DIY? any tips and technique you can share?

many thanks

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
As above PLEASE go and own up to the guy whos car you hit...

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
At the very least go and make sure there is no red paint on his car :D

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
I think most people on here would be moaning to the high hills if someone had scratched their car in the car park and just drove off. I know I'd be annoyed (almost as annoyed as with the kids on my street that kicked footballs at mine, leaving mud patches all down one side :mad:). Man up and let the guy know, he might be suprisingly reasonable about the whole thing (a bloke on my street was when I bumped my corsa into his car a week after passing my test).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i tried to leave a note on his windscreen but the car was gone when i was back in the car park.

so now what should i do to deal with the scratch?

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Pay the bodyshop and get it fixed :)
This. Don't even bother with these "scratch removers"... all they'll do is try to mask the scratch and it'll only work if it is a light scratch that hasn't penetrated the clear coat fully. If it's any deeper (i.e, you can feel it when you run your nail over it), then respray is the only way you're gonna properly get rid of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts