Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2008 5 door astra h sri xp 1.6 turbo fully loaded from factory (super rare??)
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people I'm new to this site and have a question that I hope someone can shed some light on for me. I brought a 2008 5 door astra h sri xp 1.6 turbo with 67,000 miles that is well equipped from factory which includes panoramic roof,full leather interior,satellite navigation, integrated hands free phone connection, afl lights,power folding mirrors,auto lights/wipers, washer jets for headlights. Now I know this car is rare but I've never seen another one this well equipped. Can anybody shed some light on just how rare this car is for me please I.e how many are left on the road and how rare this spec is. I'm currently rebuilding the engine from the bottom/up as it had bent a con rod ( piston no.1) lol. Look forward to talking.
Many thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, I would say it's rare, I haven't seen a astra with a sunroof, apart from the film "Transformers" but never with all the gadgets,
It would of been a show/press car or a person who ticked every single option when they ordered the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there thanks for your response!!!
I think you are right! The motor company that I brought it from did say that it had £5,000 worth of extras when brought new and like I say I have never seen one before with this kind of spec. I've been trying to find out information about it but no joy!
I just hope someone on this site can point me in the right direction or shed some light on it
Many thanks

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
349 Posts
normally any astra h sri xp has got lower part of front n rear bumper and boot spoiler

only elite top of the range spec from the factory fitted power folding mirrors,auto lights/wipers and full leather interior,satellite navigation...most parts can be retrofit afl light, sat nav, full leather , folding wing mirror and headlight washer jets..i have seen another astra h with sunroof is on design spec

does it have cruise control fitted? cruise control is on end of the indicator stalk

my astra h estate club 2008.. i retrofit cruise control, trip computer GID display and sport button n reprogram it

i would say this astra well equipped... normally astra h sri dont have power folding mirrors,auto lights/wipers and full leather interior,satellite navigation

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
My Sri has leather and sight and light from new, no xp kit tho, seen a few with panoramic roofs but not common place, never seen 1 with a sunroof tho! Easiest way to check how it left the factory is to get a spec sheet, I believe @valer can get that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
What's the 1.6t like? I have a 280bhp sri turbo 200+ for the weekend but still fancy a boosted car for a daily..whats it like on fuel mate and what power are they

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
349 Posts
before got my 2nd astra estate h... saw a astra estate h sri 1.6T with xp 2008 high mileage i think on auto trader

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Easiest way to check how it left the factory is to get a spec sheet, I believe @valer can get that

yes i should be able to get the cars specs,i'll need the reg (if original) or the vin

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i should be able to get the cars specs,i'll need the reg (if original) or the vin
Sorry for the late reply mate! Been busy rebuilding the engine all day. My reg no is KO08WCR many thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i've sent you a pm
Would like to say thank you mate for finding me this information! You are a superstar.
This now confirms that my astra came from factory with all the extras it has 😃

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well? Was it as high spec from the factory? Be interesting to know, plus some of us are nosey

Original build sheet has confirmed all the extras added to the car. So I would I probably say own one of the rarest 5 door Astras

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does anyone have any idea of what the car is worth? Only done 68,000 miles with full history. Thoughts please

·
Registered
7 Posts
If your on facebook join the astra h owners, the 1.6 turbos are rare cars, an especially with the sunroof, and xp kit, based on the mileage and condition about 3000

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow that much? I'd like to think my turbo 200 plus with full xp kit and lots of mods would be worth so.ewhere near that but it needs the body work done first( saying that it's probably worth 500 quid at the most atm what qith all the hassle I'm having since my ecu popped a couple of weeks back

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
Wow that much? I'd like to think my turbo 200 plus with full xp kit and lots of mods would be worth so.ewhere near that but it needs the body work done first( saying that it's probably worth 500 quid at the most atm what qith all the hassle I'm having since my ecu popped a couple of weeks back
Still not got got to the bottom of that?

·
Registered
330 Posts
No mate doing my nut in now..bith looms changed fuse boxes ecu accelerator pedal map sencor abs pump..basicly everything it said fault wise I have done.. Still have accelerator pedal position sencor 1 and 2 showing fault as is the map sencor still....

Had it revving and driving for porperly for 5 mins and then back to how it was before hand but with just the 2 faults instead of 6

1 - 20 of 26 Posts