Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... pay to get one of my wheel nuts drilled out.

Forgive me if i use the wrong terminology but in the process of getting new brakes & pads fitted all round at my local garage (£170 supply & fit) one of my bolts/nuts snapped.??

So, i went and bought another set of vxl locking nuts as advised but the same thing happened again.

The garage say they have to drill the lock out but need a special tool to do it. This is booked in to be done in a couple of weeks but in the meantime i want to know,

a) how much should this cost roughly and
b) am i better off going elsewhere to have the nut drilled out & universal nuts fitted

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opnions :)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
VX locking wheel nuts are crap from what I've read here,
You would probably be better spending a little more on a good set

·
Registered
143 Posts
So, i went and bought another set of vxl locking nuts as advised but the same thing happened again.
If the garage broke one of the new ones they should repair and replace it for free. They obviously over tightened it.
The garage never fitted them in the first place, Carcraft did 2yrs ago.
Obviously (if you read my post), I said the new bolt not the 2 year old one. If they broke it they should sort it, unless you broke it yourself? (Your post is not 100% clear about that):thumbs:

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
This happened to me after getting my wheels refurbed and it cost me £46 to get it drilled out :(

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
if its any help and your brave enough there is a way around it, line your locking key up with the locking nut then get a hammer, apply some torque then get someone to bash the key into the lock and you apply the torque it will loosen it. thats what most wheel places will do, unless it is seirously buggered

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Obviously (if you read my post), I said the new bolt not the 2 year old one. If they broke it they should sort it, unless you broke it yourself? (Your post is not 100% clear about that):thumbs:

Thanks for the highlights- sooo not needed- and if YOU read my first post properly, YOU would have noticed that i apologised if i wasn't explaining myself properly. :thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you to everyone else who got the gist of what i was saying & for posting helpful replies.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks for the highlights- sooo not needed- and if YOU read my first post properly, YOU would have noticed that i apologised if i wasn't explaining myself properly. :thumbs::thumbs:

Thank you to everyone else who got the gist of what i was saying & for posting helpful replies.
Ok, put the handbag down, just trying to help.:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts