Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've bought a pair of side sills and a rear bumper, all Vx XP kit.

So all they need is painting and fixing, well the painting side is impossible for me to do so I'll take that job to a local bodyshop. So is it an easy job to fix it to the car?

The next question... do I (or the bodyshop) use the real Vx "glue" part no. 931 650 25 and more importantly how many tubes are required. Cos' it's £39-99 a tube and I've been told I need 3 tubes, if I bought 3 that would cost as much as the XP kit has cost!!! :eek: That's before painting.

·
Registered
320 Posts
How many tubes depends on if you want to spread it all around the bodywork like they do at the factory!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it's looking like Tigerseal right now, perhaps I could be slightly more careful than the factory... well I might give it a whirl!

·
Registered
320 Posts
You could get a blind man to do it and probably make less mess than the factory!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You've not got the Friday, Monday version... have you?

Anyway I've still got to get mine painted, so I've been a little careless with my words!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Something like that. Got all the glue cleaned off after the first couple of washes but it wasn't exactly a sign of quality workmanship! LOL

Good luck with fitting yours. I used to use Sikaflex for attaching side skirts and stuff years ago, sure you can still get that stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts