Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrrgh!!!!!! The delivery date for my car keeps going backwards :mad:

I ordered my 5dr Elite 2.0 CDTI S/S on Motability with the local dealer on 09/08, for the purposes of anonymity I won't name them but the initials are AC ;)

Thanks to a **** up by the dealer the car wasn't ordered by their head office until 05/09 and the dealer gave me a delivery date of 29/10, not that I believed the dealer on delivery dates as I knew that car would be a factory build due to the options (front and rear parking sensors and DAB, now DMR).

Following my SONO online I've watched the estimated delivery date go back from 02/11 to 09/11 to 23/11, I queried this with Vx customer care and got the reply back that the estimated date is now 03/12!! At this rate I'll be lucky to get the car before Xmas.....

Presuming the car gets delivered on 03/12 this would be a wait time of 16 weeks.

Rant over :)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
If you have a car to drive around in now then you have nothing to complain about, in my humble opinion,

·
Registered
264 Posts
Oof, that's not good barfly :|

I haven't ordered new, but even the week I'm having to wait between impulsively diving in for a used model last Friday and collection (hopefully) at the end of this week is absolutely killing me! :lol:

God I'm properly rubbish at waiting...

·
Registered
84 Posts
16 weeks for my VX Line aswell but was told it would be 12 but its worth the wait.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My GTC is due one the 31st October. I ordered it on the 8th August so thats close to 12 weeks.

I want it now lol

·
Registered
716 Posts
3 months or so Barfly. ordered mid may, got it early august. unforetunately we are all in the hands of the polish Opel plant.

·
Registered
171 Posts
When I ordered mine it took exactly 7 weeks from point of ordering to collection. However I ordered mine very early on and think the hatch was then being produced at Ellesmere Port so that could of been why it was so quick.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 months or so Barfly. ordered mid may, got it early august. unforetunately we are all in the hands of the polish Opel plant.
Mmm thought they'd moved the MY13 back to Ellesmere Port and the GTC to Poland :sus:

Still have got 2 pair Philips Extreme Vision ready to go straight in, not decided about the DRL's yet but probably will get the Polarg's

·
Registered
264 Posts
Still have got 2 pair Philips Extreme Vision ready to go straight in
Being totally lazy here - are they widely regarded as 'the best' white bulbs to have..? There are so many variants - I wondered if there was one which was the most highly rated amongst owners..?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Before I went to aftermarket HID I used to use the previous version on me old mondeo lump and they gave good illumination. Osram Nightbreakers are also good.

·
A.O.N. - Astra-(GTC)VXR.com
288 Posts
When I ordered my 5 door that was ordered Start of January and it was ready at the dealers by the 22nd Feb Collected it on the 1st of March this was back in 2010 and it was made in Elsmereport.

My dad got his Elite again this was built in Elsemereport and it was ready around 8 weeks later. However I ordered a GTC VXR back in June originally due last week. Online tracker shows end of November at the minute but been told to take what the tracking site says with a pinch of salt as it's still beta at the minute.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It get's worse....the order tracking website no longer shows an estimated delivery date. VX are now "investigating". God knows when I'll get me car:mad::banghead::banghead:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts