Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
pull the tabs and lift the bench up as there are slight hooks on the back, then when they dont release like mine swear and kick it until it does :lol: ( might just be me needing anger management, i have no patience :( )

·
Registered
393 Posts
My handbook says to pull the toggles too but this just releases the bench so it moves upward slightly, it doesn't actually go any further and doesn't come out of the car.

·
Registered
925 Posts
it will - its a combination of pull, lift. i was easily able to concentrate on one side using the pul/wiggle method and get one side out but was a pain to get the right out as the left kept falling back into the slot - it is a pain but it will come out with patience.

·
aka The Historian, "i love an old thread"
15,116 Posts
what you do is pull the pullies.

then slightly lift

whilst lifting, push the base of the seat back

then lift up :)

its the worst bench removal design in thej world....well thats not fair, its the most annoying lol

·
15,116 Posts
heres a quick pic i made in paint of the clip that holds the bench in :)
(sory, its a bad pic lol)

·
15,116 Posts
:lol:

can still be a b*tch to remove, even if you know what your doing :lol:

iv remove it so many times, and yet its still anoying me most of the time lol

the trick is to do one side at a time :) (i should mention theres a hook on the left + right side)

·
15,116 Posts
that it can :mad: :lol:

mcintire thats the easy bit, hook the backs first and push into place until the fronts click into place.
mine use to be easy, no its even hard to get back into place lol

the front end doesnt always clip....EVEN WHEN IM JUMPING ON IT :lol::lol::lol:

·
15,116 Posts
howd you find the removal of the seats? lol

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I just tried to raise my bench seat to get the backs to lay flat and it didnt ******* work, piece of **** car, but i did find out that if i push the backs down, onto the bench cushions and if i push hard enough - i.e sit on the ******* things they click into place and you have to press the release button on the top to get them back up again!?

Gave up with the sodding bench, i get the impression its not supposed to lift, or at least the manual gave me that impression as it doesnt show you how unless you have an estage 'moveable' bence.

·
AON - Full Member
3,976 Posts
Ive tried many times to remove mine, i even called into vauxhall to ask how they lift to get the seats to sit flat and they told me that they don't lift, only the back fold down on top of them. and the seat bottom doesn't move. Dunno weather that is true or not, but im yet to get the seats to move in anyway :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts