Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!

I just had a go fitting the new GID that I bought and had sitting round for about a week, worked a treat; and everythings all back in with surprisingly little effort; not like when i tried to change the head unit on my old pulsar. That was painful.

Anyway, What i found out is that going from the 2 line display to the GID meant something that i didnt even consider; the little faceplate/housing that sits in front of it actually needs to be different because no matter what i did; it physically cant sit flush with the display; there is about a 2mm gap which i guess isnt a big issue but I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist so i was wondering if anyone knows what the part number for those is so i can get one?

the 2nd thing is now i suppose i need to take it to a dealer to get it Tech 2'ed because it seems to enjoy telling me exactly how safe the display is :D Anyway thanks for the help

·
Registered
96 Posts
13126606 GID & TID surround cage - about £10 over here.

You will need it Tech2'd in to remove the Display Safe warning.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Did you buy the GID that had been divorced, if not i dont think the display safe can be removed as the display and cdplayer are both linked together. You could however buy the cd player and display that had been removed from the same car and not have any problems.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys, its getting tech 2'ed tomorrow and ill get the housing while im down there :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I recently done exactly the same as you a few months ago and the part number that I got was 13126608 :sus: best just double check with the part person

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok so long story short here is what happened, and i guess it confirmed my worries seeings as its a 55 plate:

Firstly; its not a GID its a BID :(

Secondly; the job sheet came back it said:

"Tried to program display, cannot program needs CD60 or something"

So they charge me $118 aud for nothing, i pay then go back to the car; get in and look at their handy work. BAM 2 dents in center console old display is back in, dirt and mess everywhere. I call the mechanic out to have a look, he and i argue for 15 minutes; he goes of to another mechanic who says they didnt do it; then the 2 of them speak to the manager come back and call me a liar in more colourful words that have alot to do with cows and excrement. I call the manager; explain politely whats happened show him and then he argues that it was my fault, that it was like that when the car got there that im just a stupid kid trying to get them to pay for stuff they didnt do, questions why i want the BID fitted anyway says its my word against his and that long story short Im a lair in more colourful words. I get sick of them tell them just how unhappy i am and that they have no respect for other peoples property give up on getting a discount or my money back or them to replace the part they damage and tell the manager to get out of my car, and leave.

The moral of the story:

1. Westpoint at Indooroopilly are r-tards
2. In an arguemnt with a manager and 3 mechanics who think they know more then you; about the state of your cars interior your words as the customer dont mean jack.

and 3. (This isnt so much a moral) my display that was fitted is now unfitted and still therefore still isnt tech2'ed to my car.

I dont suppose there are any QLD'ers out there who know someone who can do this around the brisbane area?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just something else I remember now that I've cooled off a little bit... they said it was a canbus issue?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so I've done some research and basically... I cant find out anywhere if a 55 plate Astra can handle a BID or GID. Anyone got any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts