Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well folks,car"s back ......final bill £575....for which ,consisted of ,new pierburg inlet manifold ,new glow plug set ,on the glow plug front,some1 mentioned using a magnet and tool ,mechanic got plug out saving a fortune ......he also cleaned egr valve , fuel injectors, and stripped ,cleaned,and reused actuator motor ,and of course his labour......old manifold i got back ,jesus christ...6yrs of crap .....i will be posting pics of choked up manifold later....will all the money vauxhall make ,and no doubt their technical skills ,a major rethink should be something to consider on the manifold front .... us as motorists,should not really have to blast car down bloody motorway to clear build up of the crap that lodges in and around flimsy bloody swirl flaps........im still shocked by the amount of build up...bear in mind it is 6 yrs worth.......oh the garage that did my work .....OAKLAND GARAGE ,WAKEFIELD ROAD ,WATERLOO ,HUDDERSFIELD ..... 2 new front tyres £150 .....why spend a fortune ,rather get a puncture in cheapish tyres than in expensive ones .only my view.(Y)

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
74,500.........put it this way .....mike .....gob smacked is putting it in a nice way:lol:.
Fair play. :lol:

Mine's done about the same mileage since the manifold was first replaced... It's on about 170,200 miles, but manifold was replaced at 92,000 miles. I have heard it completely transforms the car once complete. I'm not sure if I've ever truely felt the full effect of the DTUK box on mine yet as I've had a few issue since I put it on, probably were already there just waiting to rear their heads and the box amplified them... but still. Can't wait to see what mine is like :lol:

Glad you got it sorted in the end though (Y)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair play. :lol:

Mine's done about the same mileage since the manifold was first replaced... It's on about 170,200 miles, but manifold was replaced at 92,000 miles. I have heard it completely transforms the car once complete. I'm not sure if I've ever truely felt the full effect of the DTUK box on mine yet as I've had a few issue since I put it on, probably were already there just waiting to rear their heads and the box amplified them... but still. Can't wait to see what mine is like :lol:

Glad you got it sorted in the end though (Y)
on the dtuk box thinking bout 1 ....but one more thing to sort then maybe .....took car to blackpool last night to ave a blast ,no smoke ,no turbo lag ,impressive stuff ,and far far better fuel usage ,ie put £20 quid in, trip range showed 199 miles ,set tripometer on clocks to 00000000....pushed to 120mph past house in middle of m62 verywindy and wet ,got to blackpool car showing 256miles great ,set off back ,got home ,car showed 235 miles ,in total did 165 miles between quart to nine ,and 1 oclock getting home .result :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I've cleaned EGR and throttle bodies before, but never done the inlet manifold, put up some photos will be very helpful mate(Y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts