Astra Owners Network banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
that's what the Customer service chap said that one should look at the brochure not the online configurator.

In my opinion this is pants though - how can an instant medium like a website be slower to change than a brochure that needs designing and printing and distributing... I am really not happy about this. Other wise I would have gone for the Sri without the added stuff that the Active was 'advertised' as having. and only for a grand more
The more I read it, the more I'm convinced it's just human error on the site. There is no reason for it to say ESP with HSA at all, seen as the HSA has nothing to do with ESP. Also, models that actually have HSA, list is separately two lines under the ESP line. I'd put money on that it's meant to say ESP with ABS (or similar) and the web team just typed in the wrong thing. Bit poor that no one had noticed though. Wonder how long it's been like that for?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The more I read it, the more I'm convinced it's just human error on the site. There is no reason for it to say ESP with HSA at all, seen as the HSA has nothing to do with ESP. Also, models that actually have HSA, list is separately two lines under the ESP line. I'd put money on that it's meant to say ESP with ABS (or similar) and the web team just typed in the wrong thing. Bit poor that no one had noticed though. Wonder how long it's been like that for?
It's been like that for ages , I've been looking since almost when the Active was released which I believe was some time in February (don't quote me on that , it could have been even before). Once I receive an official reply from the Vauxhall customer service agent I will post again.

In my opinion this is very poor for such a massive company to have this bad a website. Most people look would expect to get what they advertise not something random...why should someone non techy buying a car need to know that you have to have the Electronic parking brake in order for HSA to work,, come on give me a break. Anyway these Astras aren't cheap any more so this should be standard anyway like on Focuses or other marques. The other thing as well...wind up windows in the back? Come on.

Otherwise I love the looks and the car itself, drives great, corners good and looks a solid car.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
OK - got a call back form Vauxhall UK and they said that HSA assist is not a feature and cannot be retrofitted. They said the website is not showing it correctly and that the dealer should have gone through the correct spec with me with an up to date brochure.

The apologised saying that they cant do anything for me but that they will look to update the website soon.

I can understand that in a way but it kind of ****** me off and completely leaves me without any trust to the dealer or Vauxhall.

If anyone knows anything esle that can be done please feel free to chip in.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Most websites have disclaimers stating that contents may not be applicable etc etc... So I doubt you'd get much joy taking any form of legal actions etc..

Just had a squiz at the configurator page you listed earlier, small print link - Privacy & Legal - pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, it seems there is a recall on Astra J regarding hill assist. I think I have this issue because when hill assist is needed I get the Message Stabilitrack popping and thus no hill assist. Has anyone faced this issue ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The hill start will only work if the car is in 1st gear, the clutch is fully pressed down, then release the brake and it stays for 2 seconds, or if you pull away it releases. TBH I found it strange to get used to, but now its a very handy thing to have.

James

:)
Also works in reverse

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I've asked the dealer and there was no recall for the car. I will check with A new brake pedal switch which might be defective. I heard for other brands who faced this issue.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts