Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a new car for a couple of months now. I'm looking at an Audi A5 coupe or a 3 Series coupe. However, a 5yr old 2ltr diesell 3 series coupe with all the bells and whistles and 97k on the clock will set me back £11k and a 4yr old Petrol A5with 146k on the clock also 11k

I know they're good cars but stone me. :confused:

I'm interested to hear your opinions folks.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Most of these cars will be 'rep cars' basically spent their whole life going up and down the country.
They are probably ex company cars, so would have a full main dealer service history, premium tyres and no expenses spared repairs.
As long as they look good, sounds good and still go then id go for it. Unless you can find cheaper elsewhere.
Many high mileage cars probably have better engines than those with low mileage as they don't get the stop start treatment in towns

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True and I agree but would you buy a car with 146k on the clock.
If I do get one I recognise that I'd have to keep it until it dies as it'd be worth nothing after I've had it for 3yrs and put another 30k on the clock.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
If the car was exactly what I was after, within price range and well looked after then I would really consider buying it, so long as there is nothing else on the market which ticked all the boxes.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're not alone mate. Five of the 12 cars I was looking at on auto trader have been sold

1 - 9 of 9 Posts