Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone!

Well where to begin.... My name is Gav and i'm from Chesterfield, north Derbyshire (near Sheffield!) and i have recently become a member of the Astra Club!

I have a Astra H 3dr 1.6 Design in Star Silver, bought about seven weeks ago... and then crashed two weeks ago, a combination of being late for work, an off camber corner over a slight crest, and mud on the road, and as a result my baby is poorly and not looking her best. Luckily everyone inside was fine, i had the car recovered and began an insurance claim, but when they decided to write it off i cancelled the claim and had it back to fix myself. Unfortunately she is now a Cat C, but she will live on one day!

I now need a new front bumper, rad/air con condenser, suspension needs further investigating, new tyres and probably rims, and spraying and panel beating which i have a man for, but first i need a new drivers side door as she is not secure at the minute! I have found one on ebay for £74.99 plus a courier charge, just wondered what forum-ers think?

Thanks for reading guys, i wish i was introducing myself under better circumstances though! I'll post some pictures up!

Gav

·
A.O.N. Chief Numpty - Lee
10,683 Posts
You did a proper job on that one mate!!

10 man points to you straight away! Welcome to AON :thumbs:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha! You think the cars bad, you should have seen my boxers....

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Stevie!

I know, on the plus side it can't get much worse! Can't wait to have her back, great car! Can't wait to add my own little touches!

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
Welcome to AON bud and altho car has takin a bit of a knock you are were all ok and that's a massive bonus and car don't loom that bud considering.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
That is a quality effort mate, top work.

There is a vxr front bumper in the for sale section, as for a door, just get the cheapest you can find.

There is a very good beakers in Sheffield, I'll see if I can find their details. The guy to contact is Shane Kent.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was on Staveley lane bud! No, it doesn't to be honest, gutted the insurance company made it a Cat C but the guys they use for fixing them have to put everything back using Cauxhall parts and charge the earth for bodywork etc! I'll take a look in the for sale section, thanks!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't think I have access to the Parts For Sale section, ah well!

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Now that ladies and gents is how you make an introduction

Well played Sir

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What does my post count need to get to? Might just pay the £12 to be honest, I think after the welcome I've had and looking around and seeing some of the cars on here, I'll be sticking around and possibly coming to some meets once I've got it back otr!

Haha nothing like making an entrance is there!

·
Premium Member
23,527 Posts
Welcome mate that's a quality effort pal :thumbs:

You need 25 posts

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
25 posts for some parts, 50 posts for others. £12 for instant access to everything, a membership pack, the ability to sell and place wanted ads (which you can't do otherwise)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, I'll get it sorted tonight!

2006 Astra Sporthatch 1.6 16v Design.... Currently a bit worse for wear :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts