Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, in new to this site, but been on AOC for some time now, thought id come and check out this place as it seems much bigger. 1.8 sri e4 (140 vvt). mods are slowly starting to take shape. any way heres my baby

and a lilittle photoshop fun

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers fella! i used to live in beverley!

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Welcome to AON :) I had a quick peek over at AOC when I first bought my Astra and chose this forum for my daily read just because the people here seemed really friendly...

...and then I met some of them!! (and happily my first impressions were correct). Also, the pic above is quality (Y)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. I was on A.O.C before here myself. Now I don't bother with it this forum is much better

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave:

Welcome to AON :) I had a quick peek over at AOC when I first bought my Astra and chose this forum for my daily read just because the people here seemed really friendly...

...and then I met some of them!! (and happily my first impressions were correct). Also, the pic above is quality (Y)
My PVS late night caller :hump:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys!! Darkrain- thanks for the comment on my pic. its supposed to be a micro machine version of my motor did it myself having a play in PS. same with the graffiti pic

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
loving the 'cars' work!!! where do you get the masks from to do that?? i dont use photoshop its self, as its an expensive program, i have a free version called GIMP (graphic image manipulation program) free download and just as powerful, if not more so than photoshop. great to use and free!! still figuring out how to work it lol, it has all the same tools as photoshop.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
I usually just copy and paste layer of content I want to include (like mcqueen from a disney picture) over a photo of my car, use the lasso tool to cut out the mouth and eyes part, discard the rest of the layer. then I use transform to shrink them into the right proportions, use adjust HSL to change the colours to the right shades to blend in, and airbrush the content at the edges to get a smooth overlay without hard edges.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Welcome Skydiver, love 'Penny racer' image !
cheers!!!! its a micro machine car lol.

if anyone wants one doing, pm me, and if there is enough interest, ill start a thread so everyone can post in there. needs to be a good quality side on image

1 - 20 of 23 Posts