Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on the site so please excuse the noobbishness...

After owning two Astra MK4s I fancied a change and have had a Alfa 147 for the last two years, but after letting me down one to many times I have made a welcome return to an Astra!

I managed to pick up a great deal on a 2009 3 Door SXI Astra, it was Cat D but most of the work had been done and I just need to to have a bit of work done on the front bumper and it is missing the front splash guards on both sides also the air bag light is still on. I have been told the airbags have been replaced and I am guessing it just needs some kind of "re-set" doing to get rid of the warning light.

Can anyone recommend someone in the Harrogate/Leeds area that could do this sort of work at a low cost? I was quoted a lot of money from my local dealer just for a error check on the airbags!

I am also hoping to get cruise control installed and have checked but there does not seem to be a clutch switch installed so would this still be possible??

I enjoyed modding my first two Astras to make them my own and would be interested in an cosmetic/performance suggestions people would have to offer!

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Air bag light will turn back on when you replace everything. Check the pretendioners. If they are low, they need replaced

As for clutch switch, retro fit it. Theres a guide in the 'how to' section. Part numbers there too. You will need tech 2 or op-com though

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
a 2009 plate 1.6 vvt should have the clutch switch in place.

all turbo engines and all vvt engines have the clutch switch.

I also seem to recall that programming the airbag modules is a one time job

you can fit the cruise control stalk and get it all tech-2 d at the same time, stampede is in Bradford and is probably the closest to you

the airbag sensor is behind the front bumper, so id check that that hasnt been damaged depending on how bad the accident was

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After having a better look the clutch switch is actually there! was looking in the wrong place!

I have sent a PM to stampede so hopefully he will get back to me about it soon!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stampede is going to help me out the with cruise control and airbag!

Also, part of my wing mirror is missing - *Image bellow* - don't suppose anyone has this part lying around or any ideas where to get it?

None of my local scrap yards have it and the dealer just said I have to buy the whole unit.

Thanks

20120921_122625.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so after having a proper look turns out the pretensioners on the drive and passenger seats need replacing.

does anyone have these for sale or know a cheap place to get them?

The are £65 EACH on ebay!!!

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts