Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have just bought a new sporthatch and I want to put some HIDS on it. Does anyone recommend which ones I buy?

Thanks

Gaz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. im not sure which ones to go for. i do like the 8000k colour better than 6000k

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
the 8k are more blue than white. i prefer the 6k tbh, but its your car.

ive heard the hids off hid direct can be prone to turning themselves off, dont know if azza has had any problems with his though

·
Registered
870 Posts
I had HIDSDIRECT 35w D2S 6000K Ultra HID kit on my car, ..but every now and again one of the ballasts would fail. They are not 100% Canbus compatible as they say they are. They use older technology (Generation III ballasts) and are prone to failure. I've bought myself a set from Xenonshop.co.uk, a 55W kit, so the Canbus just detects the same as it would when the standard halogens are in, ..it's when you put certain 35W HID kits in that the Canbus detects the lower power draw and shuts the bulb down to protect the electrics, as it thinks the bulb is out. I've had the new kit in for a couple of months now and not had a single problem with them. They are classed as Generation IV ballasts, they run at a lower constant power than the older HID kits too, so don't drain so much from the car battery. :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
The HIDs direct one's I've got in mine have had no problems at all - mine came with the canbus adaptors though (THIS KIT) and are spot on.

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
hid direct can bus ones are the ones that SOMETIMES have problems, but when you ring them sepcifically ask for the ASTRA H ones and they will supply you with their updated hids that have no problems, they are a tenner more, ive had mine a year with no problems

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
i paid 85 for mine, never heard of make before and they fine

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i went for a brand name.
phillips.
all is well.
6000k.
much better than 8.

·
Registered
26,209 Posts
I had HIDSDIRECT 35w D2S 6000K Ultra HID kit on my car, ..but every now and again one of the ballasts would fail. They are not 100% Canbus compatible as they say they are. They use older technology (Generation III ballasts) and are prone to failure. I've bought myself a set from Xenonshop.co.uk, a 55W kit, so the Canbus just detects the same as it would when the standard halogens are in, ..it's when you put certain 35W HID kits in that the Canbus detects the lower power draw and shuts the bulb down to protect the electrics, as it thinks the bulb is out. I've had the new kit in for a couple of months now and not had a single problem with them. They are classed as Generation IV ballasts, they run at a lower constant power than the older HID kits too, so don't drain so much from the car battery. :)
I have that problem too paulie but to be honest for small amount of times that it does it im not too bothered about it, simple fix when you switch them off and on again, next time i think i'd go brighter though :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
so is 35w better than 55w?.
im sure mine are 35.
thanks...

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
is there a pic that would show that difference please?.
thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts