Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all wondering if anybody can help I am wiren a aftermarket stereo to my car and need the 12v feed from cigarette lighter it and don't have a multi metre there is a black wire and a purple wire which one should I be connecting the red wire to for stereo to come on. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
Astra j estate sri
294 Posts
do you know lose the control of car setting time n date others stuffs in configuration menu

i got this

radio control by via ign also still have the configuration menu and keeps all setting

this is plug n play dont needs red wire from cig 12v

also so you will lose the steering wheel control to radio....i fitted on mines pioneer radio with bluetooth, usb, dab and taking phone calls via steering wheel control

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
do you know lose the control of car setting time n date others stuffs in configuration menu

i got this
View attachment 34929

radio control by via ign also still have the configuration menu and keeps all setting

this is plug n play dont needs red wire from cig 12v

also so you will lose the steering wheel control to radio....i fitted on mines pioneer radio with bluetooth, usb, dab and taking phone calls via steering wheel control
Hi yes I have lost the steering controls but that's it not too fussed I have the Chinese tesla style android screen and the harness that came with it didn't need the 12v connected to cigarette lighter but the harness and canbus was interfering with my lambada senor for some strange reason so I got a new harness adapter to fit the astra so it uses the original wiring and this new loom/harness wires to cigarette lighter which now works fine now I may try one of the Bluetooth controls to see if they work instead of steering controls

1 - 6 of 6 Posts