Astra Owners Network banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
There are so many sensors that the the same or similar,i'm going by the correct Vx part numbers for both positions

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There are so many sensors that the the same or similar,i'm going by the correct Vx part numbers for both positions
Ok in that case I'll ring vx tomorrow and get the correct 1 and hope that's the one that's at fault. It'll take 2 mins to fit it due to its location. I'll get back on what they say and if its sorted it out fingers crossed that's it and it doesn't need a whole new thermostat doing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just an update....rang vauxhall and asked which temp sensor I need they stated there's only 1 which is situated in the radiator which I've already done. Messaged vaux place on ebay and they've said the same so I'm stumped. It's booked into vauxhall next Wednesday. I'm convinced it's the thermostat stuck open but will see.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The sensor for the engine is located in the water outlet,
that's on the opposite side of the engine to the thermostat and just above the gearbox,lets hope the dealer you're taking the car to knows a little more than the one you messaged.

Product Font Parallel Auto part Illustration

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The sensor for the engine is located in the water outlet,
that's on the opposite side of the engine to the thermostat and just above the gearbox,lets hope the dealer you're taking the car to knows a little more than the one you messaged.

View attachment 35766
Yeh its bloody frustrating to say the least. I sent him a screenshot of that pic. He said there's only 1 temp sensor listed apart from the 1 in the thermostat itself.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
But there isn't one in the thermostat, that connector in the stat is for the map controlled stat heater,
who are you talking to,the cleaner ? lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Tbh
But there isn't one in the thermostat, that connector in the stat is for the map controlled stat heater,
who are you talking to,the cleaner ? lol
the parts bloke at vauxhall didn't have a clue....not sure if hes the cleaner covering for the parts bloke haha. I'm tempted to just order a temp sensor and put it innsee if that sorts in. If they both do the same job as in temperature sensor they surely they've gotta be the same just in different locations.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Not sure what the difference is tbh,it may be the reading range/internal resistance or possibly the probe length,
whatever, Vx do list different part numbers for the two.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Not sure what the difference is tbh,it may be the reading range/internal resistance or possibly the probe length,
whatever, Vx do list different part numbers for the two.
Sounds about right. I'd thatsvthe cade I just need to get the corresponding part number for the one in the upper part of the engine not the 1 in the lower part of the rad

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Hi. Another quick update. I sourced a brand new water outlet housing temperature sensor. When I went to take the old one out it was loose and you could wiggle it and when you did that drops of water came out also. I've fitted the new one which doesn't move in the slightest which is the way it should be, I've topped up the water and ran it up to temp with the heaters on full blast to bleed the system through just incase of any air trapped. Then turned off the heaters and let it sit for about 20 mins with no problems. It sat bang in the middle of the temp gauge at 90 degrees and didn't budge. Only time will tell if that's sorted it out I'll keep my fingers crossed 🤞.
I'd like thank the people who've replied and helped me out it's much appreciated.
Oh id show you a pic of the old one but I dropped it when I took and out and can't flippin find it haha sorry.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi. I thought I'd bump this and update how things are just incase anyone has a similar problem.
I got my car back from vauxhall this afternoon it's had a new water pump and also a new thermostat plus a new water outlet hose which runs from the thermostat to the bottom part of the rad. They diagnosed all to be at fault. I told them there was a burning smell coming from the drivers side near to the drive belts. Cars fantastic now gets up to 90 degrees and sits there no matter what.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts