Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night i went and bought all my paints to do my V, following Mickies Painting V tutorial, then realised as i was trying to take the V off i have plastic push in/one way screws... will i have to break these off to get the grill off???

Then where will i get new plastic things from?? any help would be greatly appreciated, i know i cant be the only person that has had this problem!

Ta
Mikey

·
Registered
320 Posts
I didn't have these on mine. Just undid the 3 screws holding the grill on and then carefully inclipped all the bits on the back of the V grill and popped it off.

·
15,092 Posts
Sounds like you have the early type with the body bound rivets.

If you look closely you will see there is a ring in the middle of the head. Use something pointy and push down and this centre rod will push through completely (try and catch it the other side). The the rivets will just pull out from the top leaving you free to take the grille off.

Refitting is the reverse, push the rivet in and then push the centre pin back down the middle.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much Neil, bang on, what if i loose one or two? have just done it and think one may have dropped somewhere which i cant get to?

Also it still seems to be held on and i cant work it out :confused:

·
15,092 Posts
Think there are 4 on the top and then it's retained into the bumper by some clips which are part of the grille. You just need to grab it and give it a sharp tug upwards - it's a bit daunting the first time but it will come free.

TBH 2 rivets will hold it on just fine but you can pick up spares from Vx, not sure of the number offhand but they're only about 20p each or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts