Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I havnt posted on here much so hope this is the right place.

Over the past week or so, I have noticed a slight vibration in the clutch and accelerator pedals and also in the floor area around the pedals. I can't feel any vibration in the steering wheel or the seat. Its not really bad but its enough to make my feet feel like they have got pins and needles! lol

The vibration seems to feel faster as i travel faster if that makes sense.

When i push the clutch down or knock it into neutral when driving the vibration stops when the revs reach 1k or below.

When the car was last serviced the garage said there was slight play in the tie rod ends. I thought this might be the problem but seeing as the vibration disappears when the revs drop I've ruled this out. There is also a noise that sounds like a drill/whine after 4.5k revs in any gear, clutch in or out.

I will be taking it to the garage but I dont know if im being to fussy and 9 times out of 10 garages dont seem to like investigating these problems and dont find anything wrong. The car is a 2006 1.6 Astra with 25k on the clock.

Cheers :confused:

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm with HERC on this one. But difficult to say without seeing the car :look:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a feeling it might be that. The clutch and fly wheel have only been on a year/12k miles as they were replaced under warrenty due to the common clutch judder problem. The car is 6 weeks out of manufacturer warrenty! Hopefully Vauxhall will be able to do something or at least contribute something towards the repair.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi i have just had my clutch and flywheel done because of the clutch judder,and i have the same vibration in both peddals,also have almost the judder again when doing a hill start.i'am taking it back tommorrow to see what they say,will let yous know what happens!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi i have just had my clutch and flywheel done because of the clutch judder,and i have the same vibration in both peddals,also have almost the judder again when doing a hill start.i'am taking it back tommorrow to see what they say,will let yous know what happens!
Cheers mate, let me know how you get on. I took mine down to an independant garage who couldnt find anything wrong and said it was normal. It never used to do it and it now seems definatly worse at 60mph. I got the wheels balanced but maybe they didnt do it right after reading a few things on here. Let me know how you get on. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts