Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any standard vauxal cd player that has line outs if not what would i loose if i put in a normal cd player i got a cd 30 mp3 shown in picture.
<pic was of google.

MANY THANKS FLIPPA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well that cd mp3 30 is standerd in the car like though i mention my thread looks abit confusing hehe :)

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
None have line outs bud.....

If you were to change to an after market, You would basically lose the display showing Cd/fm functions... Oh and steering wheel controls for the new head unit... This however can be rectified by ways of purchasing a new lead....

P.s welcome to A.O.N bud.....

Dave :thumbs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the welcome dave :) but that originale cd mp3 30 functions the clock settings and mpg settings and etc so that be gone too? and if i purhase a new lead that give me functions just for the steering wheel controls ??? it be ok to just lose fm functions and cd functions due to on a after market cd player : - /

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
You wont be able to set the clock but there is a way round that.... All other functions e.g. MPG, Stop watch, Trip etc etc remain the same and fully functional....

Tbh bud i was worried about it when i changed mine to after market but don't really notice the lost functions on the display....

This is my set up now......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow nice after market unit how much you pay for that pionner model?? but the oringal unit got settings for all that like on the unit it self got settings bc im realy confused how the function settings can still work if i change the head unit :-/ but has your head unit got line outs ???? you are being helpfull thank you :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and i see you got blue lights on the nobs my one is all yellow i know its the bulbs but must be fiddley as hell to change but i geuse its worth it :) :p

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
IF you throw an aftermarket HU in you car the only thing you will loose is

IF YOU HAVE THE 2 LINE DISPLAY
the bottom line
IF YOU HAVE THE 3 LINE DISPLAY
the middle line,

Steering wheel controls and clock functions can all be sorted by buying the correct woreing adaptors to match your replacment HU
Ian

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
The blue is called and SMD conversion bud.... Not a job to take on your self unless you are a dab hand with the soldering iron.... Very Very Fiddly.....

Heres some more pics of the conversion for ya.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thought you had that pinonner radio and thanks ian :) well dave them blue lights are way betttttterrrrrr can you do mine lmao :p well i might buy a radio like that pionner looks well ace but its ok to lose the displey of radio / cd on the lcd screen and controls on steering wheel fited in that pioner stero will be fine like you said jsut need cable but i think its worth losin the mpg etc etc and settings if i still got clock and temp (out side temp) thats fine cozs most of the radio and cd stuff are on the after market cd player as i was saying like but i just need some guiding hehehe :) :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Another thing you can do if your on a budget, although it isn't ideal and more a last resort and I wouldnt be keen to do it mysel.

But you can get a line level convertor Audio Direct FLI Audio convertor which takes one speaker channel eg the rear speakers and gives you an RCA output, but this does mean cutting the wires behind the standard HU and losing the rear speakers hence I wouldnt recommend it!

Far better to get an aftermarket HU with preouts, and buy the wiring loom/harness you need to for the steering controls!

Bridie!

·
Registered
70 Posts
hello
i just wanna ask about how do u change the color of the dashboard and the meters and all pics above
Mkamel...

Have a wee look at this thread VXR Nurburgring detailand it shows you the kinda work you could expect to do to get the blue back light, I know some of the older corsa B's and tigra A's you could replace the led bulbs with blue ones!

Bridie!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks birdie dont realy wanna cut wires lol but i think that dave was saying you gota like solder the wires to the led blue bulbs but yeah birdie dont wanna cut rear speakers lol gonna fit aftermarket to the car for amp sub thanks and get that wireing kit :) thank you :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Flippa,

I don't blame you for not wanting to cut wires nor do I!

Yeah the blue lights shown do have to be soldered in and from what ive seen its a real fiddley job and not to be undertaken unless you know what your doing!

From what I've read a good install to go for is amped components in the front, a decent sub/amp setup in the boot and thats all, however you can go bigger and better if needs be! You might want to upgrade the rear speakers for a bit of rear fill but not always necessary!

Bridie!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well wat me and my gf thinkin of doing leavin the 4 speakers alone in the astra yeah its got only four lol but getin a aftermarket stero and conecting the sub and amp to it and i know for a fact its worth chaning to blue l.e.ds way better but ill see how much my gf mate will do it for hes a sound instler goddesssss and wires and etc lol but yeah thanks birdie dunno why that guy made is own fourm cheeky sod lol took me ages findin a pic of that orginal stero lol hehehhee and im new :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, I'm still running the standard speakers in my astra G which ive had since january due to a lack of funds fo rany modifying!

Aye the blue does look nice, heres hoping your missus's mate can do it for you!

Thats cool i'm fairly new to the site and just startin to post more often.

Bridie!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well THERES A WAY PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to have your standerd orginal stero in your ca with a sub amp in the BACK WOOOOT WOOOOOOOT take it to a profesinal and tell them theres a gadget that plugs in your radio well here ill try to explain !!!!!! you get 1 wire connect to the left and a nuther wire conect to the right then them to wires like you connecting a nuther speakers in the radio do the same but at the end of these wires is a box with a input jack red and white then just connect your amp to that and sorted :) you see what i mean :S im not very good explaing stuff lol but yeah so thats what im gonna go and get the guy to do i wounder if i buy the bit of ebay it might be cheaper loool :) WOOOOOOO ill post pic of it

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 30 Posts