Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I opened my car but when I went to lock it my central locking would not work. Tried other key and button in car but no luck. My boot is locked. I read about being possibly fuse but does not seem to be right. Do I have to check all fuses? Help.

·
Premium Member
40,693 Posts
Welcome to AON, not sure of the fix but I'm sure someone will answer. Does it work if you put the key in the door and turn it?

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Do your washer jets work?

If they don't then its definitely the fuse

If the do then there is a chance that the Micro switch in the boot has failed

·
Registered
1 Posts
On my Astra H the boot release and screen washers share the same fuse, the problem I am having to day is my key fob will not work, the only access I have into the car is the driver’s door using the key. My fuel cap, passenger door and boot are all locked. Even the central locking button on the dash does not work. Have checked the fuse under the bonnet and in the boot by pulling the rear seats down, all fine. Have heard disconnecting the battery might solve this problem but worried in case it sets off the alarm and not being able to turn it off

Would be grateful if anyone has a way forward with this issue many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
On my Astra H the boot release and screen washers share the same fuse, the problem I am having to day is my key fob will not work, the only access I have into the car is the driver’s door using the key. My fuel cap, passenger door and boot are all locked. Even the central locking button on the dash does not work. Have checked the fuse under the bonnet and in the boot by pulling the rear seats down, all fine. Have heard disconnecting the battery might solve this problem but worried in case it sets off the alarm and not being able to turn it off

Would be grateful if anyone has a way forward with this issue many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there did you manage to sort out the problem with your car, if yes could you kindly please help tell me what was wrong, has I have same exact problem with my Astra the keys won't unlock the doors , central locks not working , fuel cap won't open , the beep not working , jet washer not working and the back wiper not working either. I would appreciate if someone can help explain what the problem is. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there did you manage to sort out the problem with your car, if yes could you kindly please help tell me what was wrong, has I have same exact problem with my Astra the keys won't unlock the doors , central locks not working , fuel cap won't open , the beep not working , jet washer not working and the back wiper not working either. I would appreciate if someone can help explain what the problem is. Thanks
Fuse 8 in uec(fuse box under bonnet does wipers and boot lock)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am having a similar problem in Kzn south Africa. My doors are open. Trunk is locked. Pilot light on dash switch remains off. The switch itself does nothing when pressed. The remote is unable to lock and unlock. When using the key, it only locks the driver's door. The other doors remain open. Astra h 2005. Help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts