Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
You will be about £40 for the stalk then they will probably charge you 1/2 hour - 1 hours labour to set it up. You may also need a clutch switch, but because yours is a diesel could possibly have one already. If you need one thats another ten quid for the switch and an hour to fit it. Search for cruise control and clutch switch for the how to's and save some cash then all you need to do is get it Tech2'd to set it up. Always cruise stalks on ebay or PM Deej. :thumbs:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thanks Chris thought they did :thumbs:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
right.. can u tell me about tech2. why should i get tech2?? are they good? i dont know what is tech2? i have try find out tech2, but i cant find it.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
right.. can u tell me about tech2. why should i get tech2?? are they good? i dont know what is tech2? i have try find out tech2, but i cant find it.
Tech2 is basically a system that speaks to your car and programs in various functions. It is used for quite a few things on the Astra H.

You will need somebody with a Tech2 device (usually a Vauxhall dealer) to program cruise control into the car. Even if you have all the parts fitted, the car won't know you have cruise control unless you tell it.

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Dean)
2,923 Posts
Tech 2 is what they use to program the cruise control stalk to the car so it works.

Your best bet is either drive to Perry in rotherham and get Deej to do it for you (i think i paid £50 for mine from him, all in)

or take a trip and see Chris at Arnold clark, Winsford. He will also look after you.

I think stampede can also do it, he is based in Yorkshire somewhere.

Any of these guys will see you right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts