BTW, yestarday, my wife drove my car .... :sus:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the car driving OK????

Yes, it drives Ok
<o:p></o:p>
Few minutes before, I disconnected battery, and check again and all faults disappear, and I drove for 2 kms.. then I checked again and faults doesn´t appear.. but I need checked in traffic and Hi-way..

Those codes are the first time to appear... :confused:

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
They may have been old codes that havent been cleared but by you taking the battery off this might of cleared them :thumbs:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They may have been old codes that havent been cleared but by you taking the battery off this might of cleared them :thumbs:

Yes, I hope !!!!... Noramlly, I cheking faults every day, because I have some troubles with other (By pass selenoide)..

But, yestarday, that my wife drove my car, i Didn´t...

Its normally to suddendly appear some codes for any problem?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, updating post, after I erased all DTCs, untill now, everything is Ok..

Its funny, but I think my car was jealous because my wife drove it.. :lol:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:( Yestarday, when I was driving in the traffic jam, light (car with tool) was on !!

Car didn´t accelerate over 3,000 rpms. and when parked, checked faults codes and show agian 112008 ...

A friend, told me that maybe fix if clean and "erase" circuitd and componets of accelarator pedal..

Are you think it is possible??.. o its better if I change pedal sensor??

Tks for your comments !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, its me again :)
Well, issue continues

I didn't try to clean the sensor, I think is better if I´ll change it...

Now, I read what astra´s has 2 Acclelerator sensors.. 1 that is the pedal infact... and the other one is in the TBI (troll body inyection)...

If DTC is 112008.... (is just DTC to repeated every time)... What sensor I'll need to change? the pedal one??..

Tks for your comments, are very helpfull to me because in Mexico Chevrolet dealers sucks... really, there are pain in the ***, I prefer to Know and fix it myself

Saludos, !!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well.... because no body helped me... I fixed myself :lol ..

I forgot take some pictures about the process... but i try to explain...

Before all.. you must disconnertc battery (negative, and positive poles)

1. Quit complete accelerator sensor + pedal... it has 3 nuts or screws, located 2 over the pedal and one under it (a 10" inches tool)

2. Disconnect arnes before release unit

3. Pedal unit has a cover that have 5 o 6 srews, but 2 of them can moving... is recommended to mark both sides before open the circuit...

4. Open the cover.. you can see 4 lines or circuits, clean with a eraser (white eraser) like the pencils eraser, carefully, and soft... you can see the difference when clened with the eraser.... Dont touch anything with fingers....

5. After "erase" circuits.. you should clean with WD40.. I used Sili-Jet (Spray silicon for circuits)...

6. In the other side (cover) you have some little wires... do not touch with anything.. you must clean with the same WD-40 or Spray Silicon...

7. Wait some minutes in order to the cleaner dry..

8. Close the cover.. its importants the marks you make are matched

9. Intall again whole accelerator unit.. screw as little... plug agian arness.. and then, screw all...

10. Connect battery..

These process is good for me.. my car doesn´t have problems after that.. and I think I was saving arround 550 usd...

Sorry about my not good English, I hop that procees are helpfull for you..

Saludos,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well.... because no body helped me... I fixed myself :lol ..

I forgot take some pictures about the process... but i try to explain...

Before all.. you must disconnertc battery (negative, and positive poles)

1. Quit complete accelerator sensor + pedal... it has 3 nuts or screws, located 2 over the pedal and one under it (a 10" inches tool)

2. Disconnect arnes before release unit

3. Pedal unit has a cover that have 5 o 6 srews, but 2 of them can moving... is recommended to mark both sides before open the circuit...

4. Open the cover.. you can see 4 lines or circuits, clean with a eraser (white eraser) like the pencils eraser, carefully, and soft... you can see the difference when clened with the eraser.... Dont touch anything with fingers....

5. After "erase" circuits.. you should clean with WD40.. I used Sili-Jet (Spray silicon for circuits)...

6. In the other side (cover) you have some little wires... do not touch with anything.. you must clean with the same WD-40 or Spray Silicon...

7. Wait some minutes in order to the cleaner dry..

8. Close the cover.. its importants the marks you make are matched

9. Intall again whole accelerator unit.. screw as little... plug agian arness.. and then, screw all...

10. Connect battery..

These process is good for me.. my car doesn´t have problems after that.. and I think I was saving arround 550 usd...

Sorry about my not good English, I hop that procees are helpfull for you..

Saludos,
Hello Friend,

Today I have the same problem as you. My Car doesn't drive good when I push the pedal above 3000RPM and my car doesn't accelerate.
Now I will try to clean the gas pedal sensor and inform you.
Thank you for your post

1 - 10 of 10 Posts