Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Joe and i only yesterday purchased my second car a 1.8 Astra Sri xp and plan on changing a few things so any suggestions on basic mods that i can do with the car that are not overly expensive, also if anyone knows of any decent alloys that go with black astra SRI's that would also be helpful. once again hello and looking forward to getting involved on the forum (Y)

·
Premium Member
23,521 Posts
Welcome to aon

Usual mods on 1.8s are exhaust, air filter, heko wind deflectors, tints, lowering

Wheels if you're going oem then vxr19s or vxr snowflakes look great

·
Registered
118 Posts
What's your budget lol, if you wants springs it is quite cheap, if you want coilovers it can be quite cheap to eye watering. Labour costs can be from 1hr to 2hrs depending on what you're having fitted to what your local garage charges per hour.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's your budget lol, if you wants springs it is quite cheap, if you want coilovers it can be quite cheap to eye watering. Labour costs can be from 1hr to 2hrs depending on what you're having fitted to what your local garage charges per hour.
for lowering say maximum of £300 would that cover it?, also if anyone knows of a good aftermarket radio that has bluetooth,aux,usb etc. looking to do the interior up a bit as well will probably start a post for it once i give the car its first proper clean, the last owner did not really clean the car much if ever :shrug:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hi Joe :wave: - i would say lowering is a must, as is colour coding your chrome grille + boot strip.

Not too sure about alloys - some TD pro race 1.2's would look good if you have a 3 door? Either that or get the penta's powder coated shadow chrome :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Joe :wave: - i would say lowering is a must, as is colour coding your chrome grille + boot strip.

Not too sure about alloys - some TD pro race 1.2's would look good if you have a 3 door? Either that or get the penta's powder coated shadow chrome :D
its a five door black sri 2009 so what ever you think will look best for that shape and i will defo check both them out, thanks !
!

·
Premium Member
23,521 Posts
I would keep the pentas - i think they look good on the 5 door, just get a refurb with the colour of your choice :thumbs:
See I think that pentas are one of the worst looking wheels that you could put on a astra

If you want to see what looks awesome on a black 5 door search for @blinks car

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.