Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anybody else here experienced the chinook helicopter noise in there car while the rear window is down, man bloody thing made my ears pop !!! why the hell does it do it ??????

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
Its all to do with the resonance if the air movement in the car as you drive along,

Basicly the air inside the car is not moving as much as the air passing past the open window and the "helicopter effect" as you call it is the 2 different air pressures fighting each other,

A simple solution is to slightly open another window on the the other side of the car (Y)

Unfortunatly there is not much you can do apart from that, or driving with your windows up,

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its all to do with the resonance if the air movement in the car as you drive along,

Basicly the air inside the car is not moving as much as the air passing past the open window and the "helicopter effect" as you call it is the 2 different air pressures fighting each other,

A simple solution is to slightly open another window on the the other side of the car (Y)

Unfortunatly there is not much you can do apart from that, or driving with your windows up,
Rock on tommy that's an ace explanation thank's very much, how come all you guys have a wealth of knowledge??? I got to start reading books and not just look at the pictures LOL....

·
Registered
5,566 Posts

A simple solution is to slightly open another window on the the other side of the car
I do this when I break wind in the mornings:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts