Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their heater controls on their Astra G?
I have a piano black centre console, gear/handbrake surround etc and have just replaced the stereo with a piano black one with blue illumination.
My heater vents are chrome and now the only thing to be changed is the heater controls, against the new parts they look really old and plasticy. I have also changed all the LEDs to blue which also doesnt look good around the heater controls as they do not shine through the previous filter properly, in the daytime they look a bit purple.

I would like a whole new modern heater control unit, is this possible? :sus: I'll post some pics later if that helps :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumbs: Yay, Thank you, I didnt realise they actually existed, £24 is a bargain!! I might wait til the 19th when their site comes back up, Ide like to see what they look like. Dont suppose you'd be able to find any other pictures? :)

·
Registered
982 Posts
I didnt even realise you could get piano black bits for the G! that looks awesome Laura, more pics please!?

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
:thumbs: Yay, Thank you, I didnt realise they actually existed, £24 is a bargain!! I might wait til the 19th when their site comes back up, Ide like to see what they look like. Dont suppose you'd be able to find any other pictures? :)
No probs il see what i can find i did have them on my pc but recently wiped it so lost a few bits (Y)

·
Registered
6,876 Posts
This is the pic of the main dials they do but the heater ones look alot better, unfortunatly i cant find a pic of the heater ones tho but if you send them an email im sure they can email you an image (Y)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, I love the idea of changing the dials to look like that, seriously looks really nice.

I may be looking more into this when the site is up fully.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does look really cool but I cant picture how they would do it for the heater dials? Ive emailed the company for a picture but they havent got back to me yet :( I'll post it up in here if they do

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok this is what Ive been sent, apparently a daytime and night view..... not sure Im lovin the white?! He also said they only work if you by the clock dials too, how can that be? not entirely sure i understand what they are selling!!?

I could do with the standard black background bit with no filters at all so my blue LEDs can shine through.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
like the look of that but why would you need the clocks 2 for it 2 work?

if you want standard dials with a clear filter try and get ones from a scrap yard or car for breaking before 2001 thats when the filters were added as far as i no

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
....well not exactly lol, I took it all apart and had a friend do it. I work in an engineering firm so have good contacts for that sort of thing, I sent it to our Paint Finisher, didnt cost me anything which was nice! If youve got the time its not actually that difficult to do it yourself though. I bought a second hand one off ebay to experiment with in case I didnt like it. .....Thanks (Y)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
like the look of that but why would you need the clocks 2 for it 2 work?

if you want standard dials with a clear filter try and get ones from a scrap yard or car for breaking before 2001 thats when the filters were added as far as i no
Ah ha! Thanks, I didnt realise that!! Typical mines 2002! I'll give that a try :thumbs:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Scapegoat, this is the email the company sent me. Sounds like alot of work!...

Thank you for your question regarding our white dials.
With our kits you will get a fitting guide, we are also available to give advice regarding fitting by email or on the phone if required. The dials /pod would have to be removed from the dash as you would to fit any replacment dials, but the needles "do not have to be removed" when fitting our dials, as we understand the damage caused when removing needles, the centre holes in our dials are specially designed to allow the needles to slide into position without removing them. also no bulbs need to be changed, as these have there own built in (plasma lighting). With the dials you will get a small transformer unit wired to a dimmer/Switch the dimmer is to adjust the brightness and the switch, to change the colour of these dials from Blue and Red to Green and Red. The red and black wires from the transformer unit will connect to your dash lights to provide power for the lighting (plasma) All you would need is a couple of screwdrivers a stanly knife and electric connectors. it is one of those jobs that once you have done it the job is easier than you anticipated.
You will need to cut a small grove V shapped, on the edge of the dash pod to allow the wires to protrude from the dash.
Please note without being rude we will say if your not a do it your self type, then full advice will be required! our dials are a high quality scratch resistant pollycarbonate product with built in plasma lighting that looks great when fitted in day and night. We provide a full back up service and are always available by email and phone if you require any advice regarding fitting. We pride ourselves on our after sales service so you can always buy with complete confidence at all times.
I hope we have been of help and answered your questions?
please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Omg, that does seem like quite a lot more work than I was expecting. Maybe I will have to get it and pass it onto my sisters boyfriend as he knows exactly what he is doing with this sort of thing.

Or I should think about another mod altogether.

Hmmmm.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts