Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my headlight units has moisure build up in it. Has anyone had one of these changed for this reason. .

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
no

if you have moisture built up up in your light that is a warranty issue VM will replace this no prob,s. its a parts issue, .just go too your local dealer and ASK .

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh , I'm going in tomorrow morning , there are other issues also, it isn't brand new but. .

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
They might fob you off by saying if it clears after 20mins with the lights on they won't change it - worth a try though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
15,092 Posts
As above, there are directives from Vauxhall about what constitutes reasonable cause to change a lamp but only the dealer will be able to tell you if you qualify. Might be worth checking all covers are secured in place on the back of the lamp before you go in to avoid looking silly.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I'd also take the covers off the back of the unit during some nice weather and let it dry out, pop a Silca gel packet in there and pop the cover back on. I did that to my old Vectra-C fogs and problem solved.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the garage to agree to a new unit today and they said they will contact me when the parts arrive. .:roll:

On closer inspection today , I reckon that the wing on that side has been replaced at some point. It was after the allday rain we had on Wednesday that I realised that , the moisture in there was never going to go away by using the handbook method. .:(

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good news on the agreed fix Saint, but not such a great discovery on the wing...
Having had another , even closer look , I reckon that it may have been re-sprayed and not replaced. It is defo not the original paint job . My concern here now is that a resprayed panel usually corrodes , prematurely. .:'(

I'm going to have another , nice wee chat at the garage on Monday. .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts