Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldlove to fit or have fitted a Parrot MKi 9200 hands free unit with the iPOD andUSB also the Parrot Unika kit to enable the buttons on the steering wheel.
Has anyone had this done to a Astra J, and how easy was it to do if they did itthemselves?
Who would be prepared to do it for me if I bought the kit?
<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd have a pop no promises though lol done 2 vauxhalls before (Corsa and vectra)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,903 Posts
You've already got a handsfree kit haven't you? Is there something you're wanting to know about it?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just wanted a change, as the Nokia 3K-7W hands free will not work with my new phone as well as I was used to when I had a Nokia 5320Music. My new phone is a Samsung Ace. The problem is that while the Samsung Ace was supposed to do voice dialling, it won't do it with the Nokia CK-7W kit, it only seems to voice dial with the plugin head set provided. I also have problems when my wife wants to use the car. While on the drive when she starts the car it picks up my phone even if I am in the house (if I was the last one to use it) instead of hers. To get rid of this problem I disconnected my phone from the CK-7W and started using a solar rechargeable unit stuck to the windscreen, which I can answer while I am driving, by pressing a button on the unit. But I still can't dial out without having my phone in my hand. I used to be able, while driving, to press the button on the dash and say HOME and it would dial home no problem. Using my Samsung if I want to make a call I have to pull over and dial out on the phone it's self which is hopeless.

I therefor started to think if I have a parrot MKi9200 /9100 9000 I would have the phone book downloaded onto the Parrot, as well as my wife's phone and her phone book, also have voice dialling, or the phone book names on the small screen if I had the MKi 9200 or 9100. You also get the iPod and USB connections and the jack plug connection to play music through the car speakers. Then I went on to think about the Unika kit which works with the buttons on the steering wheel to answer or make a call. It would be just like having the factory fitted Bluetooth from Vauxhall and USB that should be fitted to all cars of SRi calibre and above as standard.

My friend down the street in his Ford Fiesta, also my Daughter with her Nissan Juke have all this built into their car’s as standard. But Vauxhall just want to make life a awkward as possible by making this only available when you order a new car, and make it impossible to have it fitted afterwards. My car was a nearly new one when I bought it, so Vauxhall say NO to nearly everything that you could want fitted later in a car's life.

·
3,903 Posts
Well you could retrofit USB and bluetooth, but I assume the Parrot would be cheaper (and Vauxhall won't fit it for you, you'd have to do it yourself or get a handy person to do it for you, and then just get it programmed at Vx as per the bluetooth thread). The proper Vauxhall bluetooth is good with multiple phones (a lot better than the Nokia like yours - the older version of which I had in my previous car). Dunno how good the Parrot is at switching between two drivers' phones... hopefully someone on here who has that kit can comment...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I would love the Vauxhall bluetooth one and USB but I don't know anyone who can fit them in Newcastle upon Tyne. I asked at Bristol Street Motors and was told that it couldn't be done. Which we know that it can be done as it has been spoken of, on here many times, but I no longer have that sort of confidence these days at my age to undertake that sort of job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts