Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cut holes in the headrests on their RECARO for 7" monitor??? pictures plz

As topic says. I need pictures :)

I did yesterday bye a set of recaros for my astra. i have monitors in my headrest but i dont know if this is possible on the leather recaros??

i need pictures

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doh :) anybody else then? I know i have seen som recaros with monitors!!! :)

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Their was a thread up a while ago where someone had cut the holes in the wrong side of the recaro headrests.

Can't remember who it was though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Their was a thread up a while ago where someone had cut the holes in the wrong side of the recaro headrests.

Can't remember who it was though.
What? so that the monitors where in front? lol :) If so thats is a bummer.

So nobody know of or have seen this been done? its abit dearing to cut holes for the monitorframe if there is no room for that in the head rest. Is was easy to do this on the std fabric headrests.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Lol. It got sorted in the end.

I'll see if I can find the thread for you.
Thanks mate. I need a picture to boost the confidenc so i can cut in the recaro headrests :) lol

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
yep weve fitted headrest into vxr recaros about 25 times now. was my mistake on stealths, i masked up the wrong side (was having a bad day lol especially as i own a vxr). Had to retim the headrest in the end to factory spec

i wouldnt advice 7 inch, 6.5" at the most, you need to leave enough cusion either side of the screen to maintain structure of the headrest

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep weve fitted headrest into vxr recaros about 25 times now. was my mistake on stealths, i masked up the wrong side (was having a bad day lol especially as i own a vxr). Had to retim the headrest in the end to factory spec

i wouldnt advice 7 inch, 6.5" at the most, you need to leave enough cusion either side of the screen to maintain structure of the headrest
So it should work out fine than. i have 7" monitor, hoping that would do fine. Do you have any pictures mate? Would be nice to see where on the headrest you did cut. I cant get stealths pictures up :( If you have some pictures you can post here or mabye email me at [email protected] . That would be ace :thumbs:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And ok i cant see the pics in my thread either now getting worried :lol:
But you probably have them on your computer? plz mate, for a fellow opel/vauxhall entusiast, here in norway :) could you take or find some pictures for me. pritty plz ?????? :)

·
Registered
14,376 Posts
of course mate ...im not on my home pc at the moment but when i get on there i can send them to you....or alternatively if photbucket starts working sensibly it'll be on my thread :thumbs: ill put the pics in this thread if it helps

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
of course mate ...im not on my home pc at the moment but when i get on there i can send them to you....or alternatively if photbucket starts working sensibly it'll be on my thread :thumbs: ill put the pics in this thread if it helps
That would be great mate. IT would help me on the way to do the job myself ;) I did win and bought this sett today on ebay. My LONG dream to get some recaros in the estate. but i have 7" monitors on my exsisting seats. do wont monitors in the recaros aswell :)

And yes i know the rear seats and the door/sidecovers dont fit my 5 door estate ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts