Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been looking at something along the lines of the Halford touch-up pens to sort a few stone chips out on the front bumper (one in particular is quite large and extremely annoying since being noticed while washing).

My problem seems to be getting the correct colour silver. My code (and Im assuming I've read it correctly from the inside of my door) is '176' which I believe is Sovereign Silver. However this is not listed on any of the numerous silver touch-up pens on the Halfords site.

Whats my best plan of action? I'd rather leave the chip than have a botch job which doesn't match to be honest.

Edit: also, has anyone actually used these? Assuming I find a colour match, are they actually any good?

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
If you go into Halfords and go to the parts desk where they make up reg plates, etc. They will make you a touch-up kit that specifically matches your reg number and paint code. When I did that for my Passat I found the match was as clost to perfect as you were going to get. I also convinced them to give me the primer for free :D

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you go into Halfords and go to the parts desk where they make up reg plates, etc. They will make you a touch-up kit that specifically matches your reg number and paint code. When I did that for my Passat I found the match was as clost to perfect as you were going to get. I also convinced them to give me the primer for free :D
I didn't know they did this. Perfect thanks :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts