Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well the bumper is cracked in 3 places reinforcer bar snapped in 2. the grill is no were to be seen. rad and intercooler both got big dent marks. bonnet slightly dented. The reinforcer bar ripped off the blocks it sits on. broken headlight brackets.

Got a new rad for 60 brand new intercooler for 45. Second hand sri bumper with botoom lip with all the grills and fog lights for 120. Reinforcer bar for 30 and the blocks for the bar at 30. Fuel cost 30 to drive around to get the parts.

Only problem left now is bonnet wont open when pushed down. The bonnet is lined up equal gap between the wings it just seems when you pull the cable it doesnt want to do anything. you have to hit the knotch on the bonnet to release it and then pull the cable again to allow the bonnet to open. Im thinking new slam panel might be needed to sort it.

Re-spray is setting me back 200 for bumper bonnet wings and blow back into the front doors

Looks like im kissing good byee to my hyrbid for now :mad:

Got a silver bumper on a green car i dont think it is a good colour scheme

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Not good man. I had a wee bump no long ago and my bonnet doesnt open well either

·
Registered
733 Posts
Only problem left now is bonnet wont open when pushed down. The bonnet is lined up equal gap between the wings it just seems when you pull the cable it doesnt want to do anything. you have to hit the knotch on the bonnet to release it and then pull the cable again to allow the bonnet to open. Im thinking new slam panel might be needed to sort it.

open the bonnet and then use a screwdriver or something similar to push in the catch, pull the bonnet catch lever and see if theres any movement in the outer cable.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Theres a wee clip on the cable that will clamp the cable, losen it, pull the cable back and clamp it up again. the cable should work normaly if you tension it right

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oki lol iv jusr gone and brought another slam panel but as you say it could be the cable thats not ligned up right as i did take it off to remove the slam panel. I had a car hit me head on onto my car

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
Ouch. Have a look and see sbout the cable, you'll see what i mean (Y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts