Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I recently bought a set of LEDs for my headlights. All forums/sources say, the bulbs are H7 (for low beam) and as far as I can tell, that's true, however, the housing they're in is connected via what I think is an H11. I can fit the bulbs themselves, but since they're LEDs, they need the cooling fan they come with and other boxes/bluetooth adapters etc that they come with.
The youtuber Savage Garage made a video about replacing Astra G LEDs, where he ends up realising this exact issue and decides to install them in his corsa instead, unfortunately I don't have a spare corsa to put my LEDs in and he never showed what to do to make them work in the astra.

His video:
Exactly my issue at timestamp 5:05

Any help is appreciated, I spent 50 euro on these LEDs, just buying new H11 ones would be a really bad options. Thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
242 Posts
You'll need adaptors like these H7 LED CONVERSION KIT BULB HOLDERS VAUXHALL OPEL ASTRA G NIGHTEYE LED ADAPTERS | eBay
The bulb unscrews and you fit the adaptor and then screw it back together,
I bought an expensive pair of Philips xtreme ultinon gen 2's and a set of the adaptors, looked at them and decided it was too much work to try and fit them myself so got the suppliers to fit them which took them ages, after my mechanic mate showed me the beam pattern wasn't that good i removed them but did so by unscrewing the plate attached to the back of the headlight which was by far the easiest way so you may be able to reverse fit them that way, just make sure the bulbs are fitted perfectly vertical and expect some drivers to flash you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts