Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vxr is booked in for alot of bodywork to be sorted out, I'm go I Ng to get alloys refurbed aswel at same time, what colour would look best of a power red vxr with 19" alloys? Bare in mind I'm also getting the roof done gloss black too, (Y)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Lovely mate, have you looked at anthracite as well I like that. If you want them done cheap got a mate that can do them? But it really depends on what you're after I'll put up a pic of mine

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah that's a different colour lol, booked in with body and wheels for respray on front bumper, bonnet, wings, pillars, sideksirts , mirror covers, roof and touch up stone chips around car, and also refurb wheels, that means I'm without car for a week :(

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yeah got a set of vxr reps in silver and those in a nice lairy arden blue haha, you'll have to let me know how it comes out looking to book my car in for a respray in the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
23,527 Posts
Sorry Arden on red looks awful

Anthracite as I hate black wheels on most cars as you lose the definition of the wheel

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well at the moment they are booked in to be powder coated mazerati grey, (that's what th(Y)ey told me it was anyways) but there is still time for it to be changed if need be.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sorry Arden on red looks awful

Anthracite as I hate black wheels on most cars as you lose the definition of the wheel
:lol: they're on my black car not red! Yeah the Mrs had her pentas refurbished black and I'm not a huge fan, plus with the crap from the road and the brake dust they look brown really quick you have to constantly maintain them to keep that gloss shine

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'd go black, if the roof is going that way :)
:lol: they're on my black car not red! Yeah the Mrs had her pentas refurbished black and I'm not a huge fan, plus with the crap from the road and the brake dust they look brown really quick you have to constantly maintain them to keep that gloss shine
Black all the way Rob, like Dawn says , it matches your roof, then you can possibly easily customise more trims in black;; ie tailgate trim , front frill , fog surrounds etc, but Graham has a point in easily becoming mucky, that's why people have silver wheels because generally they look tidy even though filthy.

B

ps Anthracite is superb, so too is BMW graphite silver.

·
Registered
23,527 Posts
On black they look great I had arden vxr 19s on my black Sri years ago with Arden grill, rear diffuser mirror covers etc

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right thanks for your thoughts everyone, decided on keeping red roof and wheels going a dark antherite colour (Y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts