Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I walk up to condensation in one of my rear lights, it was early morning so thought nothing of it.

I was working in Elland, Huddersfield and when I got there the condensation had not cleared :mad:

Return trip to Sheffield and it has still not shifted so I've been in to Vauxhall who said that they deem 20 minutes as an acceptable time for this to clear. My natural response was fair enough but I've been to Huddersfield and back today! She was like oh right well I will book it in for us to have a look at and providing there is not damage we will change it under warranty

Wondered if any other had any similar problems?

TBH its the first problem I have had in 10 months so I can't really complain but its just one of those little annoyances

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Demand a courtesy car while your car is in , and tell them you aint paying for it either . If they hesitate at all , ask to see the sales manager . .

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Did you have your lights on during the journey as with the bulb on it should dissipate. Condensation is commonly found on he astra H models.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll keep an eye on mine as it''s only got cold this week but nothing so far.
Well that's what I initially thought, its getting colder so its to be excepted a little bit - I'll keep you posted ;)

Demand a courtesy car while your car is in , and tell them you aint paying for it either . If they hesitate at all , ask to see the sales manager . .
Well they have said it will be an hour Max so I don't mind waiting, I can get my 1st year service booked at same time :lol:

But I assure you I ain't paying for it! My car is mint so if they try to argue I will be ready

Did you have your lights on during the journey as with the bulb on it should dissipate. Condensation is commonly found on he astra H models.
Yeah mate (well not the fog which that is) I had my side lights on all the way there but VX deem 20mins acceptable so 1hr 10 to Huddersfield (x2) is well over that acceptable limit - dread to think what it looks like this morning :(

Hopefully it is a one off, vibrations when open/closing the boot or summat have worked a seal loose :shrug:

Roll on Monday!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Even in the Astra H condensation is a problem within the rear lights. I'd take to vauxhall and see if they have a solution for yours

Have you tried searching online for new seals which prevent condensation, if not the little gel packs get rid if you place near it as it draws the condensation.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even in the Astra H condensation is a problem within the rear lights. I'd take to vauxhall and see if they have a solution for yours

Have you tried searching online for new seals which prevent condensation, if not the little gel packs get rid if you place near it as it draws the condensation.
Cheers (Y) I've got it booked it Monday mate ;)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not had a problem with rear clusters but did have a problem with a front foglight missing up, my local dealer changed it with no hassle

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
That's reassuring you go no hassle, hopefully it will be the same for me come Monday

·
Registered
249 Posts
The day I picked my car up from dealership I noticed that my headlights were fogged up. I was quite disappointed as this was a problem on my H. I highlighted during the handover, she said it should clear itself, of not bring it in after 24hrs and they would replace it. Luckily it self cleared, not had issues since.

Get it in and ask them to change it. If you have any problems, you could pop a sachet of silica gel in it, worked on my H.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The day I picked my car up from dealership I noticed that my headlights were fogged up. I was quite disappointed as this was a problem on my H. I highlighted during the handover, she said it should clear itself, of not bring it in after 24hrs and they would replace it. Luckily it self cleared, not had issues since.

Get it in and ask them to change it. If you have any problems, you could pop a sachet of silica gel in it, worked on my H.
Cheers mate, I was hoping it would just clear but 48hrs later and its still there :mad:

Cars going in Monday so I'll let you know how I get on

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 and a half hours later and the part is on order so they will call when it arrives... all going to be done under waranty so cannot complain but I was hoping to get it all done and dusted :mad:

While I was there they had to do some warranty work on the rear axel, apparently it needs to be check as a safety thing for fluid levels - like a recall :eek: I was a bit shocked as I knew nothing about it but everything was fine. She said that it is nothing to worry about they are just checking the GTC's as and when they come in for services etc

·
Registered
710 Posts
Waiting for a part to be ordered and come in is not un-usual. In fact when you think about it, apart from the general service parts i.e. filters plugs and wipers etc. Then think of all the models of Vauxhall cars and variants etc. what size of warehouse / parts section would they need to cover all that? With one gigantic parts distribution centre, and stuff sent as V.O.R. you usually get it during next day or two.

A couple of weeks back I needed a new N.S.F door speaker with also door harness and a window seal as a result of the seal leaking onto the speaker connection and causing the speaker to not to work. Parts were ordered for the warrantee job and they came within two days. I think that is fabulous service, the car was picked up from home when them the parts came in and it was returned within three hours, also it was washed and vacuumed out, would you expect them to do any better, I don’t!

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
While I was there they had to do some warranty work on the rear axel, apparently it needs to be check as a safety thing for fluid levels - like a recall :eek: I was a bit shocked as I knew nothing about it but everything was fine. She said that it is nothing to worry about they are just checking the GTC's as and when they come in for services etc
I had the same thing just recently, less than a day's work and they gave me an option of a free courtesy car. I declined it as those little 1L corsas scare me, it's like riding around in a biscuit tin... But the recall is only really to correct some squeaking that can occur. I had no squeaking but they installed the fix (a couple of screws) anyway to prevent it from cropping up in the future.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Waiting for a part to be ordered and come in is not un-usual. In fact when you think about it, apart from the general service parts i.e. filters plugs and wipers etc. Then think of all the models of Vauxhall cars and variants etc. what size of warehouse / parts section would they need to cover all that? With one gigantic parts distribution centre, and stuff sent as V.O.R. you usually get it during next day or two.

A couple of weeks back I needed a new N.S.F door speaker with also door harness and a window seal as a result of the seal leaking onto the speaker connection and causing the speaker to not to work. Parts were ordered for the warrantee job and they came within two days. I think that is fabulous service, the car was picked up from home when them the parts came in and it was returned within three hours, also it was washed and vacuumed out, would you expect them to do any better, I don’t!
I'm not saying the service was bad in anyway, I was a little annoyed that they had me there for 2.5 hours when they said it would be an hour job that's all. I have no doubt that the part will be here this week and fitted in a matter of minutes.

On the plus side while I was there I manage to arrange my 1st year service and courtesy car (Y)

Dont you find it a strange feeling not having to pay when you go to main dealers..? :lol:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had the same thing just recently, less than a day's work and they gave me an option of a free courtesy car. I declined it as those little 1L corsas scare me, it's like riding around in a biscuit tin... But the recall is only really to correct some squeaking that can occur. I had no squeaking but they installed the fix (a couple of screws) anyway to prevent it from cropping up in the future.
:rofl:

Oh right! They where quite vauge when I asked what it was for, she just said to check levels and make sure it's working properly :lol:

As you have said I could not hear any squeaking so they are just preventing any problems from cropping up :)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bit of an update, parts have come today at half 5 so I need to get car booked in when convenient now and get it fitted :) Can't fault the service so far I was just left in the dark a little it about how long everything was going to be which was frustrating when I was working that afternoon :lol:

Dealers are phoning me tomorrow with a time estimate and date to get it back it :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts