Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Scratch my last post, Little King is right... it is indeed the VXR Styling kit for GTC spoiler (and standard VXR non-aero, as far as I can gather). I found the fitting instructions in german thanks to my bilingual girlfriend :)
:lol:

You can just buy the black bit too from VX which attaches where other black triangles are on the top of the boot. They are about £220 I think from VX with trade discount

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looking at the photo again you might just be able to fit the black bit which will save on paint and tiger seal etc ;)
Pretty sure it can be fitted to the standard GTC spoiler. It's what i've been told by the dealer

Edit:

Was looking at ebay when i found this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...Parts_SM&fits=Model:Astra&hash=item4607ea0af3

Isn't this the same material ArdenVXR was selling? Under a different username, the picture is the same. Isn't that the H's spoiler and not the J?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Pretty sure it can be fitted to the standard GTC spoiler. It's what i've been told by the dealer

Edit:

Was looking at ebay when i found this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...Parts_SM&fits=Model:Astra&hash=item4607ea0af3

Isn't this the same material ArdenVXR was selling? Under a different username, the picture is the same. Isn't that the H's spoiler and not the J?

Yeah that's the one! He did say he was putting it on eBay so he must not have been able to shift it yet ;)

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
It looks like the same one that ArdenVXR was selling http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?141170-GTC-VXR-Spoiler which I believe is the VXR non Aero spoiler

Cracking price too! (Y)
+1

Yep fits 3 door only

You cant just fit the black trim only, so the full spoiler is needed.

Unsure why autovaux say vx rrp is £188, it was £360ish when I bought mine. Unless vx have massively reduced their prices which I doubt.

Cracking price, get 1 snapped up. Asap, way nicer than the aero spoiler IMO.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Still got it mate, can't shift it. Seeing what these other ones are for sale at doubt I ever will. Lol.
You never know it might go!

Well I've bought one and was delivered today just got to spray and work out how to fit it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
looking forward to seeing this fitted :yippee:

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
Mine arrived this morning, and it looks like the body glued part does need to be fitted - there's no way to affix just the piano black "swoosh" to the existing boot lid frame. The fixtures are made to screw the black lip onto the bodycoloured/painted/primered section. I'll get some closer pictures up soon. Just waiting to hear back from VX the official cost of getting them to paint/fit it, so I can shop around :D

Other good news is, it appears to definitely be a genuine GM stamped part. Good quality feel to it as well

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Mine arrived this morning, and it looks like the body glued part does need to be fitted - there's no way to affix just the piano black "swoosh" to the existing boot lid frame. The fixtures are made to screw the black lip onto the bodycoloured/painted/primered section. I'll get some closer pictures up soon. Just waiting to hear back from VX the official cost of getting them to paint/fit it, so I can shop around :D

Other good news is, it appears to definitely be a genuine GM stamped part. Good quality feel to it as well
Shame you can't just get away with fitting the black bit, but for a bargain genuine part you can't complain ;)

Looking forward to seeing it now :yippee:

Well, Vauxhall have just got back to me with a price to fit roof bars!

So close, try again.

:rofl:

·
Registered
121 Posts
You are right Little King the black glossy part is a direct fit where the black triangles are fitted on the normal GTC l have one on order nor for three weeks still waiting LOL

1 - 20 of 46 Posts