Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows where you can get the SRI/VXR style sports pedals that will fit a GTC? I have the SRI model but for some reason the GTC doesn't get the nice SRI pedals that were available on the Astra H! :dontknow: there are some used ones on ebay but if anywhere sells them new it would be good to compare prices.

Will the Astra H ones fit and how easy are they to install?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

·
Registered
218 Posts
Iv got some of these on my SRI 5 Door

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200748651190

As I dint have them fitted either. I'm not 100% if they fit the GTC tho. I do believe that the Astra H sports pedals don't fit the J's sorry.

There has been a thread about these pedals before, hopefully 1 of the brilliant moderators will be happy to share the link and shine any more light on these for you.

Sorry I cudnt be much more help mate.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, cheers guys!

Dunno what I was expecting but £100 seems a bit steep for pedals don't you think?

That link is brilliant thanks, delivered for less than £35... sounds more like it (Y)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I got some pedals from eBay a couple of months back, you wouldnt even tell they where second hand ;)

Puzzled me too why the GTC did not have them as standard, literally 5 min job to fit, pull the old ones off (brake & clutch pedal) then its a case of shoehorning the new ones on (the rubber backing) for a tight secure fit (Y)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Should have had them standard.......along with the glove box shelf (which im in battle with vauxhall about) lol

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Should have had them standard.......along with the glove box shelf (which im in battle with vauxhall about) lol
Very true! Clearly a cost saving thing on vx part. Oh are you, my dealer didn't know about the shelf issue but he managed to sort it, good luck with that

·
Registered
255 Posts
Very true! Clearly a cost saving thing on vx part. Oh are you, my dealer didn't know about the shelf issue but he managed to sort it, good luck with that
Ive used the "My mate paid the same as me for his GTC, but I dont get a shelf because mine was built a month later.............whaaaaaaat!" aproach ;) haha

·
Registered
202 Posts
I might write VX a letter about the shelf, pretty certain I have no chance with the dealership as they don't seem to be bothered now I have the car.
I like the pedals though, I couldn't make my mind up on them but having mulled over it a bit (and seeing the pics above) I think they look pretty well. I might grab a set, try them out and if I don't like them then I'll throw them back on ebay.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hmmm... Just had a look at the pedals in the gtc. Brake and clutch look easy but I'm not sure about the accelerator? It seems to be plastic on the back rather than held on with rubber as the others are. Can anyone offer an insight?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hmmm... Just had a look at the pedals in the gtc. Brake and clutch look easy but I'm not sure about the accelerator? It seems to be plastic on the back rather than held on with rubber as the others are. Can anyone offer an insight?
Its easy mate, only Brake and Clutch have rubber covers on, so you have to remove them before fitting the new pedals. The accelerator pedal does not have anything on it at all so you just have to fit the new pedal on top

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm thinking so, they look ok as there is quite a bit of chrome trim in the SRi so they kinda blend in. I'll see how I feel about them after the weekend and see what comments I get lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts