Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people need help on this problem I'm having on my gsi zafira z20let on start up it runs soo bad revs up and down poping and banging code comes up as camshaft position sensor so I put a new after maket one on it ran fine but code was still there had a little boost problem but ran fine from coz so I put on a second hand Bosch sensor on right part numbers and running like crap on cold again need help or advice many thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
I would suggest replacing the sensor with a new OEM Bosch one, then see if the code will clear. Cheap aftermarket sensors often just don't work well enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just them codes same ones when I put in the new after market sensor but runs lovely if I put the second hand one in runs like crap with it in
I have done this same running problem soon as I put the after market one in it runs like new but dont clear the codes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just them codes same ones when I put in the new after market sensor but runs lovely if I put the second hand one in runs like crap with it in

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's the same sensor for the Z20LEH which has only been out of production just over 10 years. Maybe there is a new Bosch part number?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've had 4 of these engines and worked on several more. It's rare to get any issues with the cam senor, but when it does happen, its almost always solved by fitting a new Bosch sensor (you could try somewhere like Courtenay sport or Autovaux for the part). You could also try to just inspect the sensor wiring from the cam sensor itself to make sure its ok from where it plugs into the sensor and runs across the cam cover back to injector loom connector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts