Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anybody know where I can find a grommet of some sort of access through the firewall/bulkhead. I am looking to run a power cable for an amplifier.

I read in another thread that there is one behind the glove box but I cannot see it :confused:

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspected that was the case. Fingers crossed somebody has found an alternative for the J/GTC. I don't fancy drilling my own :|

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
if you look under the glove box and pull the carpet back a bit there
is a large cable going to the bulk head and there is a grommet around it
or there is on the astra J 5 door.
other wise you may have to use the grommets in the fire wall for the heater matrix pipes

·
Registered
37 Posts
Have a look in my thread, I've done this (bitch of a job) I will upload some pics of it later. Cut the nipple off, widened it with a sanding drum and fed through from the cabin. Had to take scuttle and header tank off to get to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. One thing I forgot to mention, I have a GTC, 2013 model.

I have been out and taken a look. I have not removed anything yet, but I can see behind the header tank and there is no sign of the part shown in 212 above. :S

·
Registered
385 Posts
Oh sorry about that, I've looked at the pages relating to the GTC and it also seems to suggest a rubbery grommet access thingy in the same place.

Not that really helps you :shrug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for checking. I will take the various bits out at the weekend. I'm hoping I have overlooked something. I will get some pictures if there is any access there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts