Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Nige)
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one, I think it would be helpful if anyone that stayed at the hotel this weekend left word on the post stay feedback survey they send out about how poor the service was this time around, this way they can look at improving things. It's never been the best but I found the staff ignorant this time round and the distribution of staff between waitressing and serving behind the bar was very poor.

The lad behind the bar was very ignorant and in general **** ups and breweries sprung to mind.

Even on Sunday night when there was hardly anyone in the bar there was more people collecting glasses than serving and you had to go and find someone to serve you.

I know some people had their food orders lost on the saturday night, or waited a long time for their food, added to which the toilets were also in a very poor state this time around, so let them know and let them do something about it for future stays

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Yeah, wasn't great. I'd been stood there talking to Steve for a while, he got served, then she just walked off and served everyone else before deciding to come and serve me...

I then went back up to order some bits for someone else, and Tony ended up having a right go at the guy behind the bar as we'd been there for so long with people just walking up and getting served because the guy couldn't be bothered to move from his till post.

Really bad service that night. :err:

I've already filled out the survey and pointed it out yesterday...

·
Premium Member
14,901 Posts
The barman was ignorant and tony was winding him up at one point, there was times we stood for ages waiting to be served for drinks etc, our room wasn't up to scratch either the bathroom stunk of strong stale smoke, we weren't impressed so we wrote to them when we came home so waiting for reply, so this time round it was very poor standard in my opinion

·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
just to be clear this is about the restaurant that I'm talking about not the actual hotel which I found the staff more helpful and friendly than ever before tbh

I don't want people to think I mean the hotel itself but by all means do that too if it was poor :)

·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The barman was ignorant and tony was winding him up at one point, there was times we stood for ages waiting to be served for drinks etc, our room wasn't up to scratch either the bathroom stunk of strong stale smoke, we weren't impressed so we wrote to them when we came home so waiting for reply, so this time round it was very poor standard in my opinion

I must admit he was infuriating me with how ignorant he was a few times and I did give him a mouthful myself but he just carried on smirking and ignoring

·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have complained about our room. The staff in the pub were useless however not sure its worth mentioning it in the hotel feedback form as they r probably 2 different companies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

No they have certain standards they have to uphold as they run hand in hand, they ask you about the restaurant service etc in the survey

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
I have complained about our room. The staff in the pub were useless however not sure its worth mentioning it in the hotel feedback form as they r probably 2 different companies.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The survey asks about the restaurant facilities... so as far as I'm concerned, that is the pub as that is the only restaurant facility on site.

·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The survey asks about the restaurant facilities... so as far as I'm concerned, that is the pub as that is the only restaurant facility on site.
I watched a program on it once and the hotel company is quite strict on the restaurants they want associating with their hotel chains, and they pretty much had a massive say in what the restaurants did and didn't do. I imagine the chains don't want to pee them off as they want to be considered for new hotels that go up

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Where is this survey?

I agree that the hotel staff were very good... I also agree about the bar staff! Amongst other things, after me and Nige went to the right side of the bar to order food and the staff wondered off leaving us there for atleast 10mins before we went to the other side, when we went round the other side, Nige got served, and then she served 3 or 4 people before I had to pretty much butt in to get my order in, which I didn't like doing, but I was getting hacked off that I was stood there and she was asking "Who's next" and serving others leaving me there :angry:

My food turned up pretty quick, but that was my only good experience of the bar service :lol:

·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where is this survey?

I agree that the hotel staff were very good... I also agree about the bar staff! Amongst other things, after me and Nige went to the right side of the bar to order food and the staff wondered off leaving us there for atleast 10mins before we went to the other side, when we went round the other side, Nige got served, and then she served 3 or 4 people before I had to pretty much butt in to get my order in, which I didn't like doing, but I was getting hacked off that I was stood there and she was asking "Who's next" and serving others leaving me there :angry:

My food turned up pretty quick, but that was my only good experience of the bar service :lol:

Oh was that you :rofl:

yeah I got an email yesterday too

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I didn't get one :sus:... I got my bill email on the night, so they have the right email...

Nothing in my spam folder, or indeed my deleted folder (incase I deleted it without knowing :lol:)

Oh was that you :rofl:

yeah I got an email yesterday too
Aye was me :lol:... Hello :wave: :lol:

·
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't get one :sus:... I got my bill email on the night, so they have the right email...

Nothing in my spam folder, or indeed my deleted folder (incase I deleted it without knowing :lol:)

Aye was me :lol:... Hello :wave: :lol:

I thought it was Herc trying to get us out of the queue when we moved round the back and blink just walked up to where we had been stood and ordered his food immediately :lol:

I had you down as the chap with the red J so now you've knackered my thoughts up :lol:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I thought it was Herc trying to get us out of the queue when we moved round the back and blink just walked up to where we had been stood and ordered his food immediately :lol:

I had you down as the chap with the red J so now you've knackered my thoughts up :lol:
Yeah, that's a point! It's all Ian's fault!! :lol:

Sorry for the confusion :lol:, should have introduced myself :lol:

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
You know, I'd already forgotten about the hotel, I had such a good time at TRAX the pikeys was just a distant memory :lol:

1 - 20 of 80 Posts