Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wayhey!!! just had my cruise control switched on!! changed the stalk myself(ebay £30) which was simple, booked it in to the local vx garage(who do cruise control fitting themselves) and they switched it on fo £40! not bad, even got a light on the dash - happy days! gotta say i think its an amazing mod for £70(made easy by having a diesel) all thanks to this site and its great members and threads on all subjects:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: thanks all(Y)(Y):mrgreen::mrgreen: can't wait to get a long run, going to cologne in october and am really looking foward to driving there!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
helped me out a lot more than i thought.
especially camera speed zone limits.

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
i had mine done a few weeks ago and i cant get enough of it.
Ah simple things

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can't get over how simple it was, makes me wonder why it wasn't standard in the first place as everything was in place - bit a con having it as optional extra in the first place and i bet it don't cost seventy quid!!!

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I miss Cruise. I had it as standard on my old Astra 1.8 SRi G, its an option on the VXR :eek:, will def have to get this done. It really is so handy (Y)

James

:)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
just a daft question,..would cruise control work in reverse?..
lol.
thanks.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Really hand on the motorway and through road works, or them nasty SPECS cameras!
One thing that really annoys when using cruise control is when them average speed cameras are in operation during motorway roadworks. Now it says limit 40 MPH so i set my cruise to 40MPH which all is fine untill the ******* car in front drops to 35mph for the camera :mad: i cant change lane because the other cars are reacting to the same problem in their lane.... so their getting annoyed because they can`t get into my lane. Why cany people just do what it says, 30,40,50,60,70 instead of 25,35,45,55,65 when it comes to speed cameras :mad:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
One thing that really annoys when using cruise control is when them average speed cameras are in operation during motorway roadworks. Now it says limit 40 MPH so i set my cruise to 40MPH which all is fine untill the ******* car in front drops to 35mph for the camera :mad: i cant change lane because the other cars are reacting to the same problem in their lane.... so their getting annoyed because they can`t get into my lane. Why cany people just do what it says, 30,40,50,60,70 instead of 25,35,45,55,65 when it comes to speed cameras :mad:
true-exactly lol, cruise control, on, off, on, off, on off all in the space of a few feet..:sus:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts