Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have driven a 8th Gen Civic Type R for the past 3 years and with a monthly commute to work costing hundred in petrol, and were looking to start a family in the coming month. I've been told (ordered more like) that we cant afford the <acronym title="Honda Civic Type R" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); cursor: help; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">CTR</acronym> and a baby (and the idea of selling the baby, keep the <acronym title="Honda Civic Type R" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); cursor: help; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">CTR</acronym> didnt go down well either!)

I have had a fantastic time with the <acronym title="Honda Civic Type R" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); cursor: help; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">CTR</acronym>, loved ever min driving it! Im never going to forget the <acronym title="Variable Valve Timing & Valve Lift Electronic Control" style="border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(51, 51, 51); cursor: help; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">Vtec</acronym>, and the sheer power it delivered daily!

Sadly missed :(

Also, as a "summer car" I play with my Nissan 300ZX which is a twin turbo 3lt beast!!!! The only car that scares the living daylights out of me!

So the question on everyone lips is "Whats car have you gone for....."

I take ownership of a Vauxhal Astra GTC SRi 2Lt Diesel. I was so impressed with the drive and power with it being a diesel and 50 MPG. It will have 19" 5 spoke wheels (as in the pic below)

I take ownership in a few weeks, and im already thinking of changing the DRL bulbs to something less yellow.... more white! Any suggestions?

·
3,902 Posts
Welcome to AON :wave:

You'll be glad you bought that GTC as soon as you go on a long journey - sooooo much more comfortable that the Civic! But then going on your first post I guess you have other priorities in your choice of cars! :lol: But going diesel at least you've chosen the right diesel - everybody with the 2.0CDTI loves it.

As for better DRLs you want Polarg M13s or some people prefer PIAA - head into the Aatra J section and search for DRL you'll find loads of info....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to AON some of the mods for our car are

Lowered suspension
K & N Air Filter
DTUK Tuning Box and Pedal Box
Change prolargs to PIAA or M13's
Painted calipers
Plus option to fit VXR spoilers

We are still waiting on a proper remap from Thorney but is in the pipeline and will retain the warranty :)

Cheers

Daz

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome to AON

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to AON some of the mods for our car are

Lowered suspension
K & N Air Filter
DTUK Tuning Box and Pedal Box
Change prolargs to PIAA or M13's
Painted calipers
Plus option to fit VXR spoilers

We are still waiting on a proper remap from Thorney but is in the pipeline and will retain the warranty :)

Cheers

Daz
Fantastic, thank you so much! Defo getting better bulbs, and looking at some Osrams to upgrade main beam and dipped too.

Looking forward to the future of MODS to be coming my way :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts