Astra Owners Network banner

1021 - 1033 of 1033 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,022
Is that the dash vent 1s on eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No its the griffin off the wheel caps, had two spare so popped them off and made matching holes in the strut cover for the legs to fit in

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,023
How difficult was it to get the vents out?
If you mean the heater vent it was a bit tricky, you need to go straight in with a thin flat blade and feel about for the spring clips that secure it, lever upwards on the bottom ones and press down on the top ones. Needs a bit of patience.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,024
I had been chasing a boost leak for a while, changed all the hoses for blue silicone which I was going to do anyway, pressure tested the intercooler, checked the inlet tappings for the water & methanol injection and the boost gauge take-off, checked the vac pump and renewed the vac lines with one piece silicone hose to and from the boost control solenoid, as a last resort I fitted a new maf sensor and no more eml, fitted the old one and code p2279- air intake leak- appeared again. Put new one back on and no light so definitely the maf at fault. No idea if its a cracked casing, damaged connection or just suddenly became faulty but really glad its finally sorted. Finally able to get the full benefit of the map since it doesn't go into limp mode anymore and it drives lovely.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,025
Engine bay finally coming together, the header tank was looking a bit scruffy so re-painted it in blue/ black to carry on the theme, turned out ok I think.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,029
Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing how it drives since last time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its a whole different beast now, thinking about getting one of those Dragy boxes which records a whole heap of data, Mike can see it and can keep an eye on stuff, also does very accurate timings for 0-60, 60-120 and quarter mile etc.
You will love it pal.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,031
Finally got the proper diesel boost gauge fitted, white/blue changeover now works as it should with headlights on and off.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,032
Didn't think I would get bulbs for the auxilliary main beam that were as white as the D2S ones in the bi- xenon projectors, but the H7 leds from LedPerf are superb - said to be canbus friendly out of the box but I got the resistors anyway just to be sure, a very decent colour match across the front now. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Will look better if properly dark but couldn't wait up any longer - this is at 22.30 up here

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033
Still need to get the chipped splitter touched up but that's the front sorted out - led bulbs in main beam, upper grille painted and re-positioned to close the bonnet gap, gloss black lower grilles and fog rings refreshed in silver.

1021 - 1033 of 1033 Posts