Astra Owners Network banner

981 - 1000 of 1032 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
What can I say but WOW what a truly amazing build and Incredible attention to detail, truly a work of art and imagination.

I found this thread this morning and just just finished reading it you have a great eye for detail looking forward to more updates.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #985
Picked up a 2nd hand 4H-Tech Q shift for a decent price, quick refurb and looking good as new- apart from the fact its blue and not red. Sent a cheeky e-mail asking for new stickers to put on it. Some mixed reviews on them but if I don't like it the original will go back on.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #986
Got the first results of the latest mapping work by Mike Ross at 8Ball Tuning, he added the r80 pump and 2200 fuel rail sensor, this is with the sport button on but water and meth not on stream yet, possibly add another 20 bhp with w&m. Issue with the pump solenoid which is giving lumpy idle. Final figures to be confirmed but I am very, very happy with the figures so far and can't thank Mike enough for his work on this.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #987
Collected the bits from SKS Coatings in Elgin, cracking match for the Bilstein suspension colours, sumpguard now fitted on the sub frame and got the Powerflex bushes on the axle. All ready to get swapped out when I get the van back next week.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
They did a great job with the colour match - looks really nice!

I have a snapped exhaust manifold bolt in the head, so that is getting sorted out in May once she comes out of hibernation along with new timing belt kit, water pump, etc. Still considering getting a stage 3 map at RnD now that I have a daily driver. Waiting to see how much this work is going to cost me first before making any decisions :cry:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #989
They did a great job with the colour match - looks really nice!

I have a snapped exhaust manifold bolt in the head, so that is getting sorted out in May once she comes out of hibernation along with new timing belt kit, water pump, etc. Still considering getting a stage 3 map at RnD now that I have a daily driver. Waiting to see how much this work is going to cost me first before making any decisions :cry:
Cheers tye, snapped bolts are a right pain, stage 3 from Dan will be awesome mate

·
Registered
507 Posts
Looking good!

Been tweaking my car a lot recently. Had a nice 500 mile trip in it to bradford and back.

Interior is almost done now after a new dial card and finishing my SMD conversion.

Also secured myself a turbo kit for 400hp which i will slowly get ready to fit ideally for the new show season

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Collected the bits from SKS Coatings in Elgin, cracking match for the Bilstein suspension colours, sumpguard now fitted on the sub frame and got the Powerflex bushes on the axle. All ready to get swapped out when I get the van back next week.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Looking good Charlie.

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #993
Picked up the van from Mike Ross at 8BallTuning, more superb mapping work from him, not the final figures just yet but will be pretty close to these.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cheers pal, how are you doing?
Yeah I aint to bad Charlie , cars on the back burner for the mo , re decorating the entire house ATM so that's keeping me busy . And with this weather who wants t be working outside under a car anyway ?

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #995
Fitted the custom button from Billet Automotive for the meth injection, blue halo and etched round the edge.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Fitted the custom button from Billet Automotive for the meth injection, blue halo and etched round the edge.

shiny pretty button ?

Reactions: Golspie

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #997
Messing about again, swapped the Dbilas filter for an AEM dryflow cone, also fitted the 63mm hard pipe from maf to turbo- this removes the restriction of the standard inlet- already fitted a engine breather catch can so no need for the spigot. No more oily vapour going back through the turbo, intercooler and inlet manifold.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #998
Finally got the powdercoated bits fitted - subframe with thicker 24mm meriva front anti roll bar, sumpguard, wishbones and rear beam. Could have gone with boring old black but this matches the Bilstein colour scheme

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #999
Cabin fever setting in, night pic of my extremely tasteful dashboard ambient backlighting

981 - 1000 of 1032 Posts